He does great on that, but he plays a solo that brought me to tears in The Song Remains the Same live version once.... I swear, that's no lie. I have been brought to tears by that guitar solo before. It's a thing of perfection, and I always tell people who down on Jimmy Page and say that he's sloppy to listen to that solo. Not only is it not sloppy, it's one of the best solos he ever laid down.

That solo really is, from heaven. It's amazing.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
my favorite live solos are this hendrix solo that was recorded but it wasnt put on an album for some reason its so ****ing awesome but idk what its called......and then peter frampton do you feel like i do i guess...and now this solo.....even though the 2 other guiarist look like michael jackson and meat loaf....
Quote by zack in black
my favorite live solos are this hendrix solo that was recorded but it wasnt put on an album for some reason its so ****ing awesome but idk what its called......and then peter frampton do you feel like i do i guess...and now this solo.....even though the 2 other guiarist look like michael jackson and meat loaf....

i think ur talking about Killing Floor, yea thats a pretty good 1
wow.. Page&HammettFan, im impressed how much Zeppelin songs you fit into where you live.

may I suggest adding 'Rambling On with a Living Loving Maid'
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Thanks I'll add that to it.

Edit: Little different than what you said, but it ties in pretty well

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Last edited by Page&HammettFan at Mar 18, 2007,
Quote by shellshock1911
goly is he fingerpicking that solo like a bass, i cant tell?

No, most of the shots where you see the instrument are of Jack Bruce (the bassist). Clapton is playing with a pick (as he usually does).
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Last edited by pyrochris at Mar 18, 2007,
Quote by pyrochris
No, most of those shots are of Jack Bruce (the bassist). Clapton is playing with a pick (as he usually does).

well that is definately the #1 live bass solo, Working Man by Rush probably up there to with the bass soloes as well, excellent live guitar solo as well
The first solo I can remember that really impressed me when I was first starting to listen to this genre of music was Mick Taylor's solo in Sympathy for the Devil on Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out. It's still one of my favorite solos and by far my favorite version of Sympathy out there.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
No mention of Comfortably Numb, ala PULSE? For shame

Though Crossroads and Stairway to Heaven are both amazingly awesome also
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
The PULSE version of Comfortably Numb really isn't anything special... The studio one IMHO is better.

Quote by Page&HammettFan
He does great on that, but he plays a solo that brought me to tears in The Song Remains the Same live version once.... I swear, that's no lie. I have been brought to tears by that guitar solo before. It's a thing of perfection, and I always tell people who down on Jimmy Page and say that he's sloppy to listen to that solo. Not only is it not sloppy, it's one of the best solos he ever laid down.

That solo really is, from heaven. It's amazing.

When I heard Since I've Been Loving You on TSRTS i was stunned. That song/solo changed my guitar playing single-handedly.

But i agree with Crossroads
Quote by Page&HammettFan
The PULSE version of Comfortably Numb really isn't anything special... The studio one IMHO is better.

Well this was a post about uber live solos... and IMHO, the PF Comfortably Numb at earls court 1994 is magnificent. If you were there im sure you would flew away with the pigs ^^.

Stairway is nice, and ofc Freebird..
Well, I thought that the studio version was better. I didn't really like the PULSE version because of the vocal thing that they did during the verse, and the solo wasn't anything to write home about. Gilmour has had better solos to me.

Ye maybe better in the playing way, tho all the light shows and so on making this solo one of the coolest for me anyway.. =)
I give em' credit for how they sound, not for the light show that's given with them Otherwise, Floyd would own everyone at solos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EQ-JyAGUsys

The last couple of minutes are PURE perfection and that one lick he plays after 8:35 is one of those that have gotten me almost bursting into tears... Mark's tone is so simple but amazing
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Page&HammettFan

I think i'm gonna have to agree. The solo is nothin special at all.. Special is Page on the Zep DVD's, or Clapton tearining it up on his Les Paul/SG.
Jimmy Page, Stairway to Heaven, live from Madison Square Garden New York, 1973 Pure perfection

Quote by Blues Breaker
I think i'm gonna have to agree. The solo is nothin special at all.. Special is Page on the Zep DVD's, or Clapton tearining it up on his Les Paul/SG.

Whatever, each to his own, but I agree on Page and Clapton
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
One of my Favorite live Solo's would be the Immirgrant Song on HTWWW
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
Quote by DYEguitarist

For those unfamiliar with the '"Only" Led Zeppelin Forum' lingo, HTWWW = the triple live disc set How the West Was Won

Quote by BrainDamage
The first solo I can remember that really impressed me when I was first starting to listen to this genre of music was Mick Taylor's solo in Sympathy for the Devil on Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out. It's still one of my favorite solos and by far my favorite version of Sympathy out there.

Is that Keith on the first solo? 'Cause I'm listening, thinking, "What's BD going on about, it's not THAT great." Then I hear these smooth arpeggios come out of the left channel, and I think, "Ah HA". Mick's soloing is pretty enjoyable on that.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
im going to have to go with Mark Knopfler for most any song.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by DYEguitarist

If that's the same solo for the immigrant song that's on the newer double dvd(I believe its song1 on dvd2) Hell yeah! That's a live facemelter for sure!
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
Quote by psychodelia
Is that Keith on the first solo? 'Cause I'm listening, thinking, "What's BD going on about, it's not THAT great." Then I hear these smooth arpeggios come out of the left channel, and I think, "Ah HA". Mick's soloing is pretty enjoyable on that.
yeah that's Keith playing the first solo
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
The solo on Led Zep's "Dazed and Confused" is one of my favourites.Tony Iommi on "Iron Man" is great too!
Quote by Sandman634
The solo on Led Zep's "Dazed and Confused" is one of my favourites.Tony Iommi on "Iron Man" is great too!

live ones?
i never seen live performing of Iron Man... i've seen Dazed and Confused in 1969 or sumtin...
but yea if u find a video on youtube or google can i watch it?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ya i'm a boc fan and last days of may from on your feet or on your knees is good
i have seen these guys off and on the last 30 yrs (wow) and the song has evolved from about 5 min on the on your feet album to about a 20 min jam. alan lanier does about a 6-7 min solo that is just plain good and then buck dharma takes over for another 7-8 mins of just the best guitar work i have ever seen live. i am trying to find a more recent live recording of this song that has this in it. anyone know where to find something like that?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
No way. The solos in Dazed and Confused from Madison Square are also much better than those earlier shows. The cool thing about their early shows is the fact that you're seeing a band in their infancy, just coming on to the seen, with all of this power and potential. That's the cool thing about early Zeppelin performances.

How Many More Times from the RAH concert on Disc 1 of Led Zeppelin. When he goes into chilldown mode and lays down those sweet major blues runs it is unbelievable. He's in a total trance.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
I take it you're a HUGE Zeppelin fan too

Quote by ZoSoII_13
How Many More Times from the RAH concert on Disc 1 of Led Zeppelin. When he goes into chilldown mode and lays down those sweet major blues runs it is unbelievable. He's in a total trance.

That's one of his better ones, I think.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
in my mind, the no doubt greatest live solo is jimi hendrix's star spangled banner, insane sounds i hav never herd anywhere els, and extremely original. Plus in the time period he was insane compared to tons of other guitarists.