Is there a set of strings suitable for playing standard, drop d and even drop c? Right now I use standard guage strings to play in Standard and Drop D tuning, however if I try to tune down to Drop C, they get a bit floppy. So are there strings versatile enough to cover these three tunings? Also, for those of you that use thick gauge strings, do you also use them to play in standard or would they need to be too tight to accomplish that? Thank you.
Last edited by LordBattlecrisp at Mar 18, 2007,
D'Addario 9's. I've never seen strings like it before, they can do anything.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I would have thought any one set of strings could cover all three of those tunings, currently i use 10s for standard and drop D and 11s for drop C, and i never tune the 11s higher than Eb, and even then they feel a little tight.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'd suggest either just 10-46 or 10-52 (hybrid set)

Then again, I play in Standard, Drop D, and from time to time, down to C and I only use 9-46.