Its decent... You can definitely get a better guitar for the price though.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
hmm, like what?

The features I need are:
V shape (a play between my legs and the strat bodies suck for that)
no trem
low profile neck (neck-thru/IT system)

The only other guitar I've seen with those features is the new Ibanez V, and that's $200 more.
Quote by northerfan666
hmm, like what?

The features I need are:
V shape (a play between my legs and the strat bodies suck for that)
no trem
low profile neck (neck-thru/IT system)

The only other guitar I've seen with those features is the new Ibanez V, and that's $200 more.

theres a reason its 200$ more.

Its a good guitar.
That BC Rich has a cheap Nato body, and at 500 dollars, you should be getting REAL mahogany!

My suggestion: Look into the Jackson King V series or Randy Rhoads models if you must have a V shaped guitar:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JVX10-X-King-V?sku=512235

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar?sku=512230
Last edited by felenoral at Mar 18, 2007,
I heard the trem on those guitars is crappy, and I don't need a trem. And is nato really that bad of a wood?
You just like things sliding between your legs.

And BC Rich's are typically low-quality materials. Hate to break it to ya!

Jackson is good for the ****ed up shapes.
Quote by northerfan666
I heard the trem on those guitars is crappy, and I don't need a trem. And is nato really that bad of a wood?

It's a cheap tonewood used in cheap asian guitars. Personally, I wouldn't get it.

And the trem isn't too bad. The Rhoads model I showed you is pretty good anyway.
If you want string thru, there are other RR models and King V models without the trem system. (ex. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS30KV-King-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=511563 )

Just don't get the BC Rich. It's overpriced.
Alright. Cuz I've been hearing good things about the new BC riches.

I really like the neck system, because I like upper fret access, the ebony fretboard, and the satin black finish (no fingerprints)

Would an average quality BC rich really be worse than the lowest end Jackson?
Quote by northerfan666
Alright. Cuz I've been hearing good things about the new BC riches.

I really like the neck system, because I like upper fret access, the ebony fretboard, and the satin black finish (no fingerprints)

Would an average quality BC rich really be worse than the lowest end Jackson?

Well, I don't know what kind of quality BC Rich makes on average. It's probably better than the lowest end Jackson.

Don't get lowest end guitars from any guitar manufacturers anyway. It's like buying a Gibson SG Faded. They use all of the lowest quality products they own, put it into one guitar, and you're end up just paying for the name, and not the greatest bang for the buck, usually.

How much money do you have to spend?
I think jacksons are way better, Then again I have never played a B.C Rich because I despise there headstocks and all there other guitars.
Oh, and another question.

Would the Ibanez have a glossy white neck as shown in the picture of the neck-thru construction:
http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=VBT700

Just wondering. My main concern is the glossiness. I've played some glossy guitar necks and they are harder to move aroudn.

Also, is that a satin/matte black? Or is it hard to tell?
Last edited by northerfan666 at Mar 19, 2007,
It's a glossy neck. You can see the shine. Some glossy necks bother the hell out of me too! I would suggest trying it out if possible. The specs on this thing look like it's a pretty decent deal! It's MUCH better than the BC Rich.
are you going by the picture of the neck thru system on the ibanez site? Because I've seen that picture on several diff. guitars... and the black one looks like it's matte. If it is a satin black, then I don't mind a painted neck. I hate how there's like only one pic of this guitar... if anyone has any other pics it would be greatly appreciated...

It is a good deal, isn't it? An RR3 costs a deal more for a bolt on neck and LFR (whcih can be good or bad).
IT is just a bolt in,
prs uses it too for some of their guitars