Page 1 of 2
If you kind people can take some time to take my survey, I figured this is the best random sample I can get on a short notice. I'll be sure to add the forum's of the Ultimate-Guitar.com Community to my sources, in APA documented form of course. Thanks in advance.

1. Your age. ________

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)_______________

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?_____________

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? ____________

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?___________

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?__________
A. It only directly effects Record Companies income.
B. It only directly effects the Artists income.
C. It directly effects both the Record Companies and Artists income.
D. It has no effect on either.
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?___________

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?__________
B. Why?

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)?
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits?

Thanks again in advance!
The Penguin is Chilly Steve. He's my hero.

I saw SOADrox429 almost piss himself 3-18-07
1. Your age: 15

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) Cd's

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? Illegaly

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month: 5

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month: 2

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry: Choice C

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use: Limewire

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime: Yes

B. Why: because I don't think it's legal.

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music): Having a Material Source

B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits: Yes
1. Your age. ________

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)_______________

Buying CDS

very little illegal downloading

4-8 I guess?

like... 0.3 of a cd a month I guess

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?__________
E. Other(please explain)

A mostly

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?___________
I use bearshare on occasion

B. Why?
Yes its a crime.
You're stealing
Its like going to a museum and stealing the pen the Constitution was written with, just on a much lower level

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)?

I love owning my cds and DVDS
I keep them on display

Thanks again in advance!

You're welcome
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
1. Your age. ____15____

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)_____downloading and sharing__________

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?_____illegally________

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? ______in about a year i buy about 5 cds______

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?_____about 8 songs______

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?____C______
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?______Limewire_____

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?_____Mixed Emotions_____
B. Why?
Yes because it is depriving the band of hard earned money and no because i have no source of income and i need enjoyment and because some bands make enough money to support themselves plus 100 other people.
9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? ____I prefer the feeling of having a material source.____
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? ___yes...when i get enough money i will go buy a cd ive been wanting and to support the band.___
Last edited by _-Skeletor-_ at Mar 18, 2007,
. Your age. 17

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)?
Killing people and taking it. (Actually, my friends give alot of mix Cd's to me)

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?If any...Illegally.

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? Unfortunaly less than one.

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? Again, less than one.

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Azerus (however you spell it, its a torrent manager.

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? More than likely. Unless its paid for.
B. Why? Because people told me so, but I dont feel like looking much into it. I'll do it whether it is or not...

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? I actually rather have the CD, then put it on my computer. So yes a "hard copy" is always nice.

B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? Yes, I have more CD's then just MP3 files for songs.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
1. Your age. 15

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) Buying Cds, and Some Downloading

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? Both

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 1 to 2

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? 1

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry? E - Somewhat, it affects the record company, that they are not getting the sales profit, and also the online vender (Itunes, etc) is getting Profit.

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Itunes or Limewire

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? No
B. Why? I dont see the problem in downloading 1 or 2 songs, but album after album seems like a problem

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? - I'd much rather have a cd..
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? Yeah, I buy more.
1. Your age. 22

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) Buying Cds

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?I rarely do, but I did it illegally a couple of times

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? one (roughly)

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? less than one (far less)

C. It directly effects both the Record Companies and Artists income. This one.
E. Other(please explain)

It depends I guess...I don't have a good reply for this one.
7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Aries

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? It depends on how it is done
B. Why? that doesn't require an explanation

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? YES
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? Yes, for sure. I can't imagine just downloading an album like Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, rather than going out and picking up a copy.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.

1. Your age. 14

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)Downloading

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?Illegally

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? Zero

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?0.25

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?C, although artists are more affected then record companies.
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?Limewire

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?
B. Why? It's only a crime to the artist, record companies are greedy, you never see them giving to charities, but the artists most of the time do.

B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? I just put the songs on my mp3 and bam, material source, so no.

1. Your age. 35

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) Downloading

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? Legally

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 0

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry

E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? ITunes

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? I assume you mean without paying for it. And in that case, I mean yes.
B. Why? That one is cut and dry. There have been laws written that say so.

I do, however, wish that musicians saw more of the $$ for their work.

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music) I back up to disk. That precludes the need to have the CD in hand.

B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? I probaby would have less music. I can't commit to an entire CD when downloading. Just a few songs here and there that I like.

Thanks again in advance!
1. Your age. 18

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) Buying CDs or Buying off Itunes

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? Mostly Legally unless material cannot be found at all.

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 2-10

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry? C
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Itunes

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? illegally........yes
B. Why? Its stealing..........duh

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? all backed up to external harddrives and DVDs
nope/

Thanks again in advance!
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Last edited by epy at Mar 18, 2007,
1. Your age. 14

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)
Downloading

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?Illegally

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 1-2

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?1-2

C. It directly effects both the Record Companies and Artists income.<<<<<<<
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?Limewire, Torrents, AlbumBase

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? Yes
B. Why? Because it is

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? I prefer CD's
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? No.
F.U.B.A.R.
1. Your age. __13

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)CDs from friends

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegall? illegally

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 2 maybe

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry? B
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Limewire

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? Kinda.
B. Why? I think its wrong to steal the artist's music but i couldnt care less about the companys.

1. Your age. 18
2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) CDs
3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? both
4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 5-10
5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? 4
6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry? E - very little effect on Record companies, virtually none on artists.
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Legally: emusic, illegally: torrents

B. Why? It's against the law =/ Maybe you mean "should be"

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? Yes
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? Yes
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
1. Your age. 18

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) Buying CDs

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? I don't really download

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 2 or 3

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? It would be a really small decimal. I've only downloaded a few songs over the past couple of years.

E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? I've used Frostwire and Limewire.

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? Only if you don't pay.
B. Why? You are hurting someone who makes a living by making what you are downloading. They lose money because you don't want to pay money for a CD. That, in itself, should be a crime.

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? Yes
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? Yes it does.
1. Your age. ________

cd's

legally

zune

illegally..yes

B. Why?
because
material source
no

Thanks again in advance!
your welcome
1. Your age. 16

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) buying CDs

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? Don't download

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 1-2

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? 0

E. Other(please explain) Little affect, they're all rich anyway.

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? N/A

B. Why? If it was truly illegal why can't they get rid of the illegal downloading sites?

1. Your age. __14______

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)___downloading____________

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?__legally___________

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? ____1 or 2________

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?___4________

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?a
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?ares

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?_____no_____
B. Why?i just dont see anything wrong with it. if you download the music and like it then you can go see there show and theyll still make money

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)?yeah
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? no
1. Your age. ____15___

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)_____iTunes Download__________

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?_____Legally________

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? ____1 or two________

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?_____two______

E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?______iTunes_____

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?_____If done illegally_____
B. Why?

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? YEs
Yes
Last edited by Half_Full at Mar 18, 2007,
1. Your age: 15

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.): Buying cds

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?: legally

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month?: 2-4

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?: 0

E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?: iTunes

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?: If not off iTunes or other authorized selling system, yes
B. Why?: Artists and record companies do not get their proper royalties if being downloaded off Limewire or something

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)?: Material source > computer file
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits?: yes
1. Your age. 17

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) DL

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 1-3

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? 0-1

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?
E. Other(please explain)
C
7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Limewire

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? yes, but i do it anyway kuz im bad
B. Why?
your getting for free what was intended to be bought
9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? Material
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? I only buy Cds of people i really admire
1. Your age. 16

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) Downloading, but not it's my only option 90% of the time.

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? "Illegally". It's P2P, so it's only PARTIAL illegal.

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? Less than 1..... I never get any money.

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? I'd say.....2. aybe a TAD more if I'm in search of new types of music.

C. It directly effects both the Record Companies and Artists income. But, IMO, it's not DRASTIC. It may take a few thousand away, or even half thatr, becasue when you download, you might go out and buy. And a few thousand is NOTHING in the business. a few MILLION is a different story.
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Limewire, Ares, and uTorrent

B. Why? Obtaining art, in any form, should never be a crime. UNLESS it is creating MASS disturbance in the welfare of the artform. Like a 80% drop in income in about 2 months or something.

B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? Yes. It makes me WANT to buy more. I LOVe the feeling of going and getting the CD, or having it delivered, and opening it and getting to look at the cover art and the booklet and such. I just never have any kind of money to do this, so I download.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
1. Your age. 19

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)_Buying CDs

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?_Illegally
4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? _1-2___________

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?_0

E. Other(please explain) Although it allows a lot of new talents to be discovered, it doesn't negatively effect either one, because most money for the artists is made through touring, and record companies have miilions of ways to make money off of a band.

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?uTorrent, Limewire

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?_No
B. Why? I believe sharing music is perfectly acceptable, and it has been done ever since CD burners became available.

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? I like having the actual CD/DVD
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? No, I always prefer to buy the CD
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/

1. Your age. ________ 18

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)_______________download

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?_____________ illegal

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? ____________1

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?___________Over a 100

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?__________ It helps the music industry by making the music more available to a wider audience, thus more people will buy CDs/Merch/Concerts

soulseek
8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?__________no
B. Why? Most (underground) artist just want their music to be heard, not get rich

B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? no

Thanks again in advance!
1. Your age.17

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)Buying cds and/or borrowing from friends

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? legally most of the time, a few torrents here and there

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 1 or 2

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? less than 1

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry? A
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? utorrent, iTunes

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? not if you do real file sharing.
B. because the music that most people illegally download is of rich bastards anyway

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? of course
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? yes
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
1. Your age. 18

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)Downloading

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?3

E. Other(please explain)
C

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?Legally-Itunes Illegally- U-torrent

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?I know it is a crime but I don't think it should be
B. Why?Because artists make most of their money from touring and if they are famous and popular they can make alot of money from advertisements

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)?Downloaded music so I can listen to it on my Ipod
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? Yea, that's why I download my music. I don't like buying the cd then going through the process of ripping the files.
1. 15

2. CD's

3. Illegally

4. 1ish I guess. Maybe a little more/less.

5. 0

6. It has no consistent, direct effect on either. But it does often effect both.

7. N/A

8. I have problems with the concept of intellectual property, but I do believe that until we find a better system, we should be supporting artists (even if that means supporting record companies sometimes). In my jurisdiction though, it's pretty much assumed that downloading music is not illegal, so technically it's not a "crime". The legal status of a lot of computer activity is right now ambiguous.

9. I like material sources. I don't know why. So I buy stuff.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
1. Your age. 16

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)Downloading(with a little bit of buying the cds)

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?legally

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 1 or 2

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?0

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?D
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?Limewire

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?no
B. Why?because it is not really affecting anyone moneywise.

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)?both
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits?no

1. Your age. 13

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) Borrowing from friends

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? illegaly

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 1

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? 2

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry? A
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Who said anything about software? mp3-center.org is all I need.

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? Partly
B. Why? My views of it towards being a crime:
It can be, people who download music need to understand that the time the artists put into it was for them in the first place. They make a living on that, people dont seem to understand, when you steal a song off the internet, your pretty much going into a grocery store, and stealing a .
My views of it towards not being a crime:
Well, in reality. Musicians, artists, and music industrys still have more than enough people buying products like CD's, T-shirts, and going to concerts to make themselves wealthy. The fact that people are downloading music and still making money makes me wonder how much more money they would be making if they weren't downloading it.

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? Downloaded music
Yes
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
1. Your age. 22

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) Downloading

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? illegally

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 0.5

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? 3

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry? C. It directly effects both the Record Companies and Artists income.

B. Why? Because you're getting something for nothing ... that ain't right

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? No
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? The only reason I buy CDs is as a conscious effort to support artists I like. This would be the case with or without downloading.

Thanks again in advance! No problem!
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
1. Your age. 13

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)Both. And I also borrow CD's from friends and rip them on to my computer.

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? Illegaly

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? One or two.

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? Well... I cant really say.

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?uTorrent

B. Why? Well if it wasnt would it be called illegal?

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? CD of course. Especially if it has a fancy cover.
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? Not at all!
1. Your age. 19

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) I have a friend that gives me a lot of music. I don't ask questions. I'm assuming downloaded though.

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? Illegally, I'm absolutely broke what can i say

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? 3 or 4

E. Other(please explain)
I do think though that artists don't really make the money from the records they make it from the touring. I could be wrong though.

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Azureus/Torrents and occasionally limewire.

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? ya i guess so but it's not like i killed anyone.
B. Why?

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? I don't really care it all goes onto the ipod anyways.
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? umm no
1. Your age. 17

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.) buying

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? 4-5

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? internet. no p2p

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? Yes, but a little should be allowed
B. Why? It's stealing, but I feel that people should be allowed to download a certain number of songs, as it is not nice to spend money on a shitty cd

1. Your age. ___14_____

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc.)______cds & downloading_________

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?_______both______

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? ____not many, on occasion i go to amoeba and get like 25 to 30 cds________

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?____5_______

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry?__C_______
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?____limewire FTW_______

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?____nah______
B. Why? well if you go over a certain limit then yes, but i dont really have that much of an opinion

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? yes i do

_____________________no, very hypocrytical of me i know. Id rather have the cd______________________
1. Your age. 17

2. How do you aquire the most your music?(Buying CDs, Downloading, etc Buying

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? three

E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? utorrent

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? sort of
B. Why? I download music, if i like the album i go out and buy it, if i dont i delete it. Though i only do that for a few albums.

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? I prefer material source because i like album artwork and reading the sleeve etc.
B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? I tend to buy more Cds.
1. Your age. 13

Mp3

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? illegaly

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month? Don't buy much cd's.

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? Don't burn much.

6. How do you think downloading music illegally instead of buying CDs effects the Music Industry? E
E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? Limwire

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? No.
B. Why? There are plenty of other people buying there cd's.

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? Computer File.

idk

1. Your age. 17

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? Illegally

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? 1-2

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? Yep
B. Why? Its Illegal

9. A. Do you prefer the feeling of having a material source(CD, DVD) over having a computer file(Downloaded Music)? CD

B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? Nope

1. Your age.

buying CD's

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?

Legaly

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month?

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?

E. Other(please explain)

C

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?

iTunes

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime?

Yes

B. Why?

You wouldnt walk into HMV and pick up a CD, then walk out, its the same using stuff like Limewire etc.

Material Source

Yes
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

1. Your age. 17

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally? Illegally

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month? Less than 1

E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use? BitLord

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? Yes and no
B. It's obviously a breach of copyright, but charging the prices companies do is as good as a crime, in a case like this, I think two wrongs almost make a right.

B. Does this effect your buying/downloading habits? No

1. Your age.

Jeroen van Leeuwen

Stealing cd's from friends and downloading...

3. If you download music, do you download legally or illegally?

Illegal, so arrest me!

4. On average, how many CDs do you buy a month?

5. On average, how many CDs(~12 songs) do you download a month?

4-5

E. Other(please explain)

7. If you download music, legally or illegally, what software do you use?

Azureus and torrentspy.com, torrentspy to find the files and Azureus downloads them on my computer...
I also acasionally use Limewire.

8. A. Do you think downloading music is a crime? B. Why?

No, cause people can download songs to get a preview before buying an album...
When they hear that the band/artist is great they will buy the album!
You can also take a sneakpeak for movie's and Books... so why not in the music-industry

I'm slightly different then most people on this subject....
I've rather got all my music together so on my computer in a playlist BUT I also want good quality...
So what I do:
I'll borrow/buy a cd and then rip it into my computer on 360 kb/s (would love to use .wav's but only with 360-mp3's I've allready got 20 GB of music that I listen often!
Considering that a .wav file is about 10 times the size this would be to much for my computer )
Does this effect my buying/download habits?
Well yes, as you could see I normally never download music cause the most tracks are beneath 360 kb/s... but it also doesn't really effect my buying habits cause I will buy a great album whenever I want that...
I normally borrow albums... I think 75% (35 GB on my computer and 55 cd's) of my music is borrowed from friends
Page 1 of 2