hmm, over the last few months I've been sorta letting myself slip, not playing so much for fun but cause i feel i have to which is making it boring and this last week I've barley picked up a guitar. not really helped by finding out my girlfriends pregnant so yeah, how to solve this and get back to playing for fun?
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
You either do or you dont man. Youll either get a sudden urge to start playing again or quit it dosent make much of a difference if you said it wasnt fun anymore anyways. Another big part of it could be have you found something you can't do, I quit guitar when I couldnt sweep pick and now I can so I play again
listen to different types of guitar music... if I ever get in a "rut" like this, I try to expand my horizons and listen to weird and off-the-wall guitar, and the creativity tends to draw me back in... as for the pregnancy? play now, while you still can, my friend... play NOW
You could trade the baby for a new guitar, that should get you out of the rut.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by RNRSoldier
You could trade the baby for a new guitar, that should get you out of the rut.

id have to agree
actually yes a new guitar might help but thats not really possible anymore and no, im not traiding my child for a guitar
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
jam with local musicians or start/join a band that wouldn't take to much time off your hands so you can still concentrate on your child and life..