How hard is this to do? I don't do much customization, but I really want to replace the machines on my Mustang with the kind that have the holes in the middle of the pegs. I had quite an ordeal changing my strings with the kind that's currently on there, I just can't tie them, but I easily can with the other type. Do you think the amount of work to replace the machines would be worth it? Bare in mind that my last string change took a couple hours because of my difficulties with this type.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Well if it's taking you hours to change your strings, then you are probably doing it badly, causing poor tuning stability and whatnot. If you have trouble with the vintage style klusons then you might want to change them to a set of schallers or something.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Ya, it's the style that's bugging me, I have no problems replacing the strings on my Artcore or my Martin. I want to know how much work it is to actually physically change the machines
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
if u can find a style that matches up hole-wise. ur all set.

But honestly, ull probably have to drill some holes. not a big deal, but some guys might be put off by this.

to know for sure measure the tuners and look at how they are attached onto the guitar, then go to stewmac.com look up tuners, and check out the specs. they measure it all out for u.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah i think its worth it. Grovers and Schallers are the best oh and gototh.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
What brand are the cheapest and not crappy? They're more expensive than I had expected
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by jj1565
if u can find a style that matches up hole-wise. ur all set.

But honestly, ull probably have to drill some holes. not a big deal, but some guys might be put off by this.

to know for sure measure the tuners and look at how they are attached onto the guitar, then go to stewmac.com look up tuners, and check out the specs. they measure it all out for u.

You don't really have to drill holes to replace tuners. Just make sure to get the correct shaft size...

Quote by RNRSoldier
What brand are the cheapest and not crappy? They're more expensive than I had expected

basically you just gotta buy a decent set of tuners. Grover and Schaller are the top end manufacturers.

You may be able to nab some used tuners elsewhere though, IE, ebay, if you aren't interested in paying for new ones.