ok so if any of you are familiar with the "vomit riff" in hourglass by lamb of god, i need some help with it. i think my problem is that i cant mute strings that im not playing, like if i stop in the middle of the riff, there are the harmonics from other strings that were just played. ive known and have been practicing this riff every now and then for a good 2 months, no joke. i just cant get it to NOT sound like ass.

any help appreciated.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Well, I tend to use my palm, but if I am bouncing around the strings, like I got from the low E then hit my B in I will, sort of move my hand with it. Just if you have to mute high strings, use the side of your hand, like take the side of your pinky, and keep going down it, and then use that. But for the lower strings, use your palm.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
oh sorry i forgot to add that only the low E string is palm muted. well i guess it would be D cuz its in drop D but u get the point.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
This is how I hold my pic. It helps me palm muting the other strings too. And as for that riff, it took about two weeks to get it and you need to wear camo shorts to get that Willie Adler magic
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.