Me and my friend's band are competing to see who can get the higher play count by the end of the night (lame, I know), and I need your help to help us win.

Please, go listen to both of our songs, and tell all your friends to go listen.

C'mon..

http://www.myspace.com/incarnia

(Melodic death metal, for those wondering)

ps. I didn't know where to go, so I figured I'd go to UG...apparently there's a lot of people here.
This is my signature.
I will only listen to your friends band, not yours. Sucks to be you.

EDIT:

I love you.
Last edited by Guitarjunkie18 at Mar 19, 2007,
Melodic and death metal dont really seem to mix well. The word oxymoron springs to mind.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
... Well then, you're just..an idiot.
If I would have said, melodic tech death metal, or brutal melodic death metal..maybe.
This is my signature.
Melodic death metal is real....

Do you know what Melody means?

PS: Your band needs to do something original to stand out.
Quote by Doofag
Melodic death metal is real....

Do you know what Melody means?

PS: Your band needs to do something original to stand out.

Well, if it helps, we don't in any way adhere to the new "slam" "grindcore" fake death metal shit that's coming out these days...No gay breakdowns here
This is my signature.
Ummm, that's just metalcore bud.

Underoath did it. As I lay dying is doing it now. You can take this as a complement or not... you sound like a mix of both. Your vocalist ruins it though. He has one style, and that itself, lacks dimension.

Just so you know.
Quote by Guitarjunkie18

Underoath did it. As I lay dying is doing it now. You can take this as a complement or not... you sound like a mix of both. Your vocalist ruins it though. He has one style, and that itself, lacks dimension.

Just so you know.

No
Quote by Guitarjunkie18

Just so you know.

How are we metalcore, in any way..
This is my signature.
Wait, did you just compare us to Underoath AND As I Lay Dying?

Are you ****ing stupid?
This is my signature.
Keyboard synth harmonizing with guitar melodies = Original Underoath. Plus the second part of your sound (after the lead break) totally sounds like a riff As I Lay Dying would write.

How does it not sound like Metalcore. *I'm not saying it's crappy. But when you add those elements into it, it's metalcore. I hate how bands today can call themselves whatever they want.

"Were black metal/death metal/screamo"...
"No your not!!! your the watered down combination of all the metal out there. You are no different then any other metal band, and to think you are is just stupid.
God I hate queer scene kids who nit-pick every detail of their music... just so they can pretend it sounds original... but when you listen to it... IT'S THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE!!!
I'm not saying it's original, I'm saying it's NOT like As I Lay Dying or Underoath. Harmonizing key leads with guitar parts, has been done long before Underoath...and can no way be associated with just them. You ****ing idiot.

And what the **** classifies me as a scene kid? Because I'm young, and play in a band?

It's stupid assholes like you that come in here, acting like you know what's what about music, and that every band that thinks they are a certain genre, are wrong. And for that matter, there are no such thing as genres right? I mean, music is music, right?

It may be the same as many bands, if you wanna be an asshole about it, but at least be an asshole with...hm, a point?
This is my signature.
I was in a Metal band for three years. I was around scene kids all the time. Most of my friends were scene kids, at one point or another. I know music, maybe not as well as some people, but I know it well. Your scene because your in a metal (anything) band right now. Can you honestly tell me you don't have a piercing, wear black most of the time, have thought about dying your hair some color, wear tight pants (girls or guys), the majority of your belts are studded, and most of your friends are the exact same way?... dude... I could go on and on.

and no, music is not just music. Metal is one of the easiest genres to pick up from the start. It lacks dimension and character, as well as knowledge of music theory itself. Try playing some Flamenco or Jazz, then try and tell me metal is harder to play.

I could go into how it's not your fault... it's the whole teenage bullshit phase, but I'm not going to.
1. Jazz is harder to play than metal.
2. I'm obviously not who you think I am..I do NOT wear tight pants/make-up/dye my hair/have any piercings. + I wear normal, leather belts. (http://www.myspace.com/the_zeetagnine_dougler)
3. It doesn't lack music theory ENTIRELY, I mean, there's some structure to it.
4. For the second time, I'm not scene. I'm far from it
5. Being in a metal band does seem to be a popular thing right now, but that's not why/how it started. We're a bunch of friends who all like music, a lot. Besides, "scene" metal bands are in no way similiar to our band.. Listen to like, Waking the Cadaver, wecamewithbrokenteeth, The Acacia Strain, Beneath the Massacre... and shit like that, that's the new thing. "Slam" "Gore-grind" bullshit, wannabe death metal. With a bunch of lame as **** breakdowns, pig squealing vocals, and a couple blast beats thrown over some generic ass riffs
This is my signature.
You said your were bored, right?

this whole time I've been busting your balls.

At least you were entertained for a while. Even if you were getting pissed. I actually like your band. haha, I'm just a douche.

Quote by Guitarjunkie18

Just so you know.

agrees
Quote by codynw42
i am stupid enuff to do it becuz i just did. i feel nothing, there is no high and im not dizzy or anything... its just nasty.

Ryu Hayabusa of the UG Society of Ninjas
lol...mother f...

nicely done, I must say haha. Got me worked up...

Whatever, as long as you actually like my band, it's all good lol.
This is my signature.
But, I should be doing my Economics project due tomorrow..that's gonna be a bitch.

1:18 AM, and I'm just getting started
This is my signature.
I think it's pretty good.

Edit:I like the first song better then the second.
What's up?