so a lot of my friends know about my particular dislike for nirvana, i've heard plenty of songs from them and i always said "nope don't like it", like smells like teen spirit, i dont like it, i'm just not into that grunge shit, anywayz, today i heard a song from them called half the man i used to be and i really like it, so i'll probably look into other stuff from them, so now i look like a bit of a hypocrite, though it doesnt really bother me what people think, i wouldn't go so far as to call me a hypocrite, when you like a song, you like a song, i dont' know what else to say, but i was wonderin if anyone has ever experienced something similar
um, half the man i used to be......stone temple pilots. not nirvana
Quote by FeatherBreeze
schecter4183 after that comment you are my hero, lol
you opened up a new world of insulting people for me
Quote by sTx
You, sir, are sex.
Quote by Alix_D
But how did you know it was virgin ass? Did you ask the ass?
Quote by schecter4183
um, half the man i used to be......stone temple pilots. not nirvana

so apparently you still hate nirvana. sorry dude.
Quote by daytripper75
so apparently you still hate nirvana. sorry dude.
fu*king classic.
Quote by FeatherBreeze
schecter4183 after that comment you are my hero, lol
you opened up a new world of insulting people for me
Quote by sTx
You, sir, are sex.
Quote by Alix_D
But how did you know it was virgin ass? Did you ask the ass?
oh really? ****, sick, i had been downloading a bunch of STP songs, and that one came up as nirvana and STP i thought STP did a cover or something and i had got the nirvana one, but phew well then i guess i still hate nirvana haha it was just too weird to be true
Quote by cris9288
oh really? ****, sick, i had been downloading a bunch of STP songs, and that one came up as nirvana and STP i thought STP did a cover or something and i had got the nirvana one, but phew well then i guess i still hate nirvana haha it was just too weird to be true

Yeah, I'm a Nirvana fan though, but I hate the song Smells like teen spirit with a passion. Also a little known fact is that Nirvana hates the song as much as we all do to. They would trash the joint at the end of a concert so people couldn't ask for an encore of that song.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
well i looked for the tabs for the song and it came up under nirvana, so yeah i thought it was nirvana, and is creep a nirvana cover from STP? or is that an original from them?
Quote by cris9288
well i looked for the tabs for the song and it came up under nirvana, so yeah i thought it was nirvana, and is creep a nirvana cover from STP? or is that an original from them?

Theres a song called Negative Creep by Nirvana, but the songs don't sound the same.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

actually...if i'm not mistaken it's actually called "Creep" and it's by Stone Temple Pilots.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by CORT noob
Yeah, I'm a Nirvana fan though, but I hate the song Smells like teen spirit with a passion. Also a little known fact is that Nirvana hates the song as much as we all do to. They would trash the joint at the end of a concert so people couldn't ask for an encore of that song.

they USED to hate that song, maybe just because it's extremely overated
Quote by evening_crow
actually...if i'm not mistaken it's actually called "Plush" and it's by Stone Temple Pilots.

Buy the dead and bloated album... jeeze I'm too lazy to go walk downstairs and read it.

Quote by deluxity
they USED to hate that song, maybe just because it's extremely overated

Who says they don't anymore? They're not all dead. Only 1.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

The song that has 'half the man I used to be' in the lyrics is Creep b Stone Temple Pilots, alright?
For me I liked Dimmu 2 years ago, then I got bored of them and also developed a strange hatred for Shagrath, and now I love them.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 19, 2007,
When I first heard of Arch Enemy, I didn't like them because I only heard their early work with Johan Liiva, and his voice didn't really appeal to me. Then I heard some of their newer songs with Angela Gossow, and now I really like them.

It took a while for Dethklok to grow on me, too.
I used to hate Death Metal or anything that has growling etc. , but now I love it. I also like Nirvana, which I used to hate before bc I just couldnt get into that sound..
"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain R.I.P

\_/ This is the Care-Cup! As you can see, it is empty...

p.s. haters, may you trip and fall in a puddle of AIDS.

Quote by yawn
^ No, it's just a mislabel.

Yeah, the amount of mislabelling for so-called Nirvana songs on P2P programs is ridiculous. It got so bad that some fansite (can't remember which one right now) had an entire list of them, warning people.

As for the initial question, I've hated lots of bands at first and then grown to love them. Most obvious examples for me being Burzum, At The Gates, 45 Grave and Laibach.
They actually make me LOL. God nevermind is such a bad sounding album imho, I don't know how anyone takes it seriously.

"YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

and all that "FADE AWAY, YEH WAY WAY WAY, YEAHHHHHHHHWHEYYYYYYYYYY" stuff.