My parents finally broke down to all of my begging and got me the Marshall mg full stack. I went to a slayer show and saw they had marshall full stacks so I got the ones they use, but mine is not sounding very similar. It has alot of distortion and is real loud, but it doesnt get all the sounds of theirs and it doesnt sound as heavey as theirs. What settings do they use with there marshalls? What guitars? Im just curious why thiers sound different.

Help!
Quote by TheDev01dOne
You're a funny guy. I like you.

ok?

Thanks, back to the subject, does anybody have anything USEFULL to add?
The main difference is probably that they have high quality tube amps and you have a very loud solid state amplifier; so there's an insane difference in sound quality. If you want a good tone, sell it on eBay (you don't really need a full stack anyway) and buy yourself an all-tube combo. This will dramatically improve your tone.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Oh my...

I think they use a MARSHALL WITH TUBES????
/jk

but they do use Marshalls with Tubes...

anyways... you might as well check on the Ultimate Settings thread for this and
hope for the better on you amp...

The most usefull setting for a marshall mg

can of gas+match.
Quote by FeatherBreeze
schecter4183 after that comment you are my hero, lol
you opened up a new world of insulting people for me
Quote by sTx
You, sir, are sex.
Quote by Alix_D
But how did you know it was virgin ass? Did you ask the ass?
So mine is ss? and they play tube?

Whats the difference? They looked the same to me when I got it?

And what is a tube? Can I add them to mine? Im pretty new to guitar, sorry for all the questions.
you're new to guitar and got a stack?overkill.
Tubes = warm sound.
SS-sterile. you cannot add tubes. Return stack, get nice tube combo.
Quote by FeatherBreeze
schecter4183 after that comment you are my hero, lol
you opened up a new world of insulting people for me
Quote by sTx
You, sir, are sex.
Quote by Alix_D
But how did you know it was virgin ass? Did you ask the ass?
Quote by Ax7_FTW
So mine is ss? and they play tube? Whats the difference? They looked the same to me when I got it?

priceless

But seriously, there is a tube thread somewhere in UG you should check out. It will give you all you need.

And for the record, most bands use tube amps because (the majority thinks) it sounds better. I'm guessing that in time, you will too
ok... all amps are very different from each other, and your amp is definatily diffrent from slayers amps. They use tube JCM-800 marshalls that cost around 2000 dollars new(vintage reissue) or 600-1*** used(vintage from the 80's) this is the head http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-JCM800-2203-Vintage-Series-100W-Tube-Head?sku=482713

Your head cost much less and lack tubes. Tubes give an amp a different(Better IMO) sound and amps that contain them are much more expensive then solid state amps.

You cant get tubes for your amp.

I would suggest to return your amp and get a better one that is tube, you should be able to get a combo.

Im not trying to bash you but that amp is pretty bad and it is probably the most hated amp at UltimateGuitar. That or a line6 spider.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Last edited by dez_cole at Mar 19, 2007,
I got violated by a March 07'er.
Official Mascot of The Fender Armada!
Two Four Six Eight, Who Do We Appreciate? Yay Fender Woooo!!

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90
Last edited by Supernova5 at Mar 19, 2007,
Quote by Ax7_FTW
My parents finally broke down to all of my begging and got me the Marshall mg full stack. I went to a slayer show and saw they had marshall full stacks so I got the ones they use, but mine is not sounding very similar. It has alot of distortion and is real loud, but it doesnt get all the sounds of theirs and it doesnt sound as heavey as theirs. What settings do they use with there marshalls? What guitars? Im just curious why thiers sound different.

Help!
hilarious! you dont know the difference between tubes and ss, yet you have one hellova crappy stack, yeah nice one
Last edited by sherwood123 at Mar 19, 2007,

OH DUDE! That's tough!!! Listen to what everyone else is saying and try to return it and take the money and buy a combo or just a little 15watt amp. I have a 10watt (my first and only) and i'm ok with it for now. It's a marshall MG 10cd. I keep reading that MG's are crap, and I'm starting to realize that! I'm thinking my next one might be better.

BUT...the main thing is...I NEED TO RESEARCH!!! Right now I'm reading stuff about them. I just recently learned the small differences between tubes and solid state amps. And the most important thing of all...I'm starting to go to different guitar stores and trying them out. I'm hoping I could find something good. But...try your best to return it...and get a smaller combo for now. Good luck man!
Haha, what a mistake.

What are you? 11?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Ax7_FTW
So mine is ss? and they play tube?

Whats the difference? They looked the same to me when I got it?

And what is a tube? Can I add them to mine? Im pretty new to guitar, sorry for all the questions.

They use JCM 800's, you use an MG.
They're completely different amps. You won't get close to their sound.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Ouch. Lol, do some research before spending a lot of money on a guitar amp.

They use tons of TUBE amps, where the tone is much warmer and the distortion is a lot better. Plus, they porbably have proccesing systems too.

You have a Solid State (transistor) amp with NO tubes at all. Complete difference, the gain is much different. Try returning the one you got, get a nice Marshall JCM and an OD pedal with a noise gate.
Dude it was a joke, the guy is banned you tards.
Official Mascot of The Fender Armada!
Two Four Six Eight, Who Do We Appreciate? Yay Fender Woooo!!

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90
alright, as i feel the pain of an MG, the best way to get a "heavy" sound out of it is something like this

Contour, Treble, and Bass all at about 7-8.... reverb at about 3... don't dime the gain, it's too buzzy that way... maybe around 6-8 or so

make sure the FDD is pushed in (on)

you're still not going to sound amazing... but it will pass until these guys talk you into selling your amp and getting a tube combo...

Also, a good dist. pedal would do wonders... something like the Jeckyl and Hyde, or the MXR dual channel distortion
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Supernova5
Dude it was a joke, the guy is banned you tards.

I was gonna say, with a name like a7x FTW and something like 'they look the same' I thought it was too good to be true.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Wow I never tought i'd see such a noob thread. Thanks for making my day, A7X_FTW. Before crunching down on your parents for money, get a f*cking job you fat c*nt. sorry for the outburst, but i cant stand people that get their parents to pay for everything instead of them. thats called expectations. you shouldnt assume your parents will buy you anything. sure i do expect and assume for my parents to pay for food, clothing, etc. for my, but i feel bad when they spend a lot of money on something i dont really need. (like a stack)...

Anyhow, i feel the problem has already been assessed. So, ill go now.
^yeh i was thinking that LOL he is banned i think he just typed it as a thingy anyway ive seen him post elswhere oh and if this thread is reel burn the crock of SH*T