today me and my girlfriend were talking, and basses got brought up, hehe. anyways i said something bout warwick and said that they were expensive, and she thought i meant liek $8000 or so. but i told her theyre not that expensive.
question was, whats the most expensive brand of basses really?, aside from like autographed ones, or ones used by famous msicians.
A custom made bass can be as expensive as the parts and woods you put into it. For example Lemmy's custom Rickenbastard retails at about US$20,000 last time I checked. If you wanted to you could have a million pound mighty axe if you had diamonds inlaid on it - it's up to you really. But generally, the number of strings can increase the pirce. Also, left-handed basses are generally more expensive too.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
If you want a nice expensive bass try the:
The Ritter Royal Flora Aurum, it has diamonds, gold, platinum, 10000 yr old siberian mammot tusk ivory nut, and the body is a one piece quilted maple. i think it would cost you $100,000. hehe. it was in bass player mag in feb 07, i only know through that reason, i dont own one lol, and haven't looked into buying one (and doubt i ever will). oh its a five string as well.

Otherwise try Ritter's normal lines, they start at $6,000, other than that i know alembic are nice and high price wise, and comin down further sadowsky basses, but thats because these basses tend to be built to order.

There are loads out there.
There was some $100,000 bass on the Bass Player site. It had gold fret inlays, machine heads, knobs, hardware, and a gold pattern on the back.
I'd say custom basses, any bass with more than 6 strings, and modulus<--- i think thats how it's spelled?
-Member of the Bass Militia-

My gear:

Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15

Yes there r warwicks that r $8000+.I played 1 at woodwind and brasswind that was around $9000.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote by The1bassist06
Yes there r warwicks that r $8000+.I played 1 at woodwind and brasswind that was around $9000.

Wow, can you find a link to that?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
That Flora Aurum was gaudy as hell in my opinion. For your viewing pleasure

Alembic's were the first "custom" boutique basses and are really nice sounding and looking. Sadowsky's and modulus' are also up there as well.
Foderas and Ritters are pretty much the most expensive basses. The cheapest models are much more than I live on per year
Alembic basses have a custom quote page. I didn't go nuts, I just made a 5-string triple omega bass, and it ended up being $25 grand.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Those Ritters are ****ing crazy. Why would anyone spend that much on a bass? Surely a better cause would be charity, and then buy a normal bass?
I believe Ritter has made the most costly custom bass in the history of bass. It was around $40k.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Last edited by The1bassist06 at Mar 19, 2007,
Quote by Bumper
I believe Ritter has made the most costly custom bass in the history of bass. It was around $40k.

They beat that with the Flora Aurum--100K.
Quote by thefitz
Alembic basses have a custom quote page. I didn't go nuts, I just made a 5-string triple omega bass, and it ended up being $25 grand.

I finally got mine down to 23 grand or so when I took off the 5,000 inlay. One day damnit, one day it shall be mine.

But Alembics are probably the most expensive, the cheapest bass they sell is $4,300, and they can go higher than $50,000 custom. But god damn are they worth it...

Seriously:

When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I finally got mine down to 23 grand or so when I took off the 5,000 inlay. One day damnit, one day it shall be mine.

But Alembics are probably the most expensive, the cheapest bass they sell is $4,300, and they can go higher than $50,000 custom. But god damn are they worth it...

Seriously:

Damn that looks nice
Quote by Damaged Roses

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble