So, prose stuff? I don't know, I've been drinking by myself tonight, I'm pretty sweet. You can leave a comment, and leave a link to a piece of yours if you want. I'll do my best to repay everything. This is very straight foreward stuff.

"something short of a story."

Somewhere we hold exclusionary thoughts far from our minds; somewhere we get so caught up in this pretense that we start believing our own lies, whether or not they directly relate with our lives. Sometimes we get so caught up in this that we hold our hands high as if to imply that we're waving "good-bye". Sometimes we feel we have to hang ourselves in order to actually hold our heads high; these generalities often don't hold any text in the form on a newspaper. There is often no text dedicated to any of this. Why do we do it? To be understood. Sometimes that's the only way we actually say what we set out to say, sometimes that's the only way to let others know that we're not actually okay. We can all appear fine on the outside, but personal appearances and personal attachments are far from similar things. We could base words upon words yet still know we haven't said anything or done anything to be heard. We could write words upon words but prefer to have dedicated ourselves to some sort of drawing; or blueprint. Some sort of diagram of how any of this could be understood. Different perceptions produce different conclusions. Different influences induce rather different interpretations. There's a meaning to be found inbetween all lines; a terse, seclusive thousand-yard stare could catch on to these things and hang on to such prominently defined words as they would to their very breath. Why lose such a thing if it could be the very last? All of us can barely even breathe these nights without lying; and so, we perish, we decease, and we're understood to actually be fine.
Quote by Final
So, prose stuff? I don't know, I've been drinking by myself tonight, I'm pretty sweet. You can leave a comment, and leave a link to a piece of yours if you want. I'll do my best to repay everything. This is very straight foreward stuff.

"something short of a story."

Somewhere we hold exclusionary thoughts far from our minds; somewhere we get so caught up in this pretense that we start believing our own lies, whether or not they directly relate with our lives. nice wordplay with the minds/lies/lives. it read fluently, although i thought the last part was a bit too short. Sometimes we get so caught up in this that we hold our hands high as if to imply that we're waving "good-bye". Sometimes we feel we have to hang ourselves in order to actually hold our heads high; these generalities often don't hold any text in the form on a newspaper. not to fond of the repetition of high here. i like the use of high with 'hang ourselves' though. There is often no text dedicated to any of this. Why do we do it? To be understood. Sometimes that's the only way we actually say what we set out to say, sometimes that's the only way to let others know that we're not actually okay. love the internal rhymes here We can all appear fine on the outside, but personal appearances and personal attachments are far from similar things. personal appearances and personal attachments was a bit too much for me, it kinda ruined this line IMHO, the words didn't really fit in.We could base words upon words yet still know we haven't said anything or done anything to be heard. We could write words upon words but prefer to have dedicated ourselves to some sort of drawing; or blueprint. i like the repetition here Some sort of diagram of how any of this could be understood. Different perceptions produce different conclusions. Different influences induce rather different interpretations. i thought the perceptions part was great, but the influences part was like 'more of the same, but not as good'. i don't know why, i just feel that it didn't do justice to the previous line There's a meaning to be found inbetween all lines; a terse, seclusive thousand-yard stare could catch on to these things and hang on to such prominently defined words as they would to their very breath. Why lose such a thing if it could be the very last? All of us can barely even breathe these nights without lying; and so, we perish, we decease, and we're understood to actually be fine.
this wraps it up nicely.

i thought this was amazing, apart from some minor things that i pointed out ^. the message itself was great, and i love it when you write prose. i always loved it
good to see you from time to time

if you want:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548076

joris
Just wanted to say that I liked it a whole lot. Consider what Joris said, though, because I agree on most of his points.

I won't try to full crit this right now, as I absolutely like it as it is, and changing words here would change a lot of the meaning.

Maybe I'll try to go in depth later. Not guaranteed though.

Great job,
-Mat

PS
it's getting nearly 7 and you're still not sleeping :p