Page 1 of 3
This post is for anything to do with stage moves and guitar poses.

Funny , hard , Cool , stupid , death defying?

You can post pics, or descriptions or videos or hints/tips on how to do them. Show us your own special moves or laugh at someone elses.

I'm assuming this will get hilarious.
Pretty much anything Aaron North does. Check out the latest NIN dvd.

And Corey Beaulieu's hair-swangen' thang

oh, and Janick Ger's elf-dance!

Here's a pic of this guitarist from a local band demonstrating what I call the 'Penis extension'.

Basically you pretend you're sitting on a chair. Place your guitar in your crotch facing the crowd and thrust back and forth whilst headbanging like a madman.
backflip off kick drum..seems like it would please the crowd........the basic guitar spin....
Quote by TheDev01dOne

Here's a pic of this guitarist from a local band demonstrating what I call the 'Penis extension'.

Basically you pretend you're sitting on a chair. Place your guitar in your crotch facing the crowd and thrust back and forth whilst headbanging like a madman.

Haha yes I saw the guitarist from It Dies Today do that awesome shit

^ I'm all for playing the instrument but if you can play it while pumping up the crowd instead of standing there like a stiff then thats even better. We all make mistakes might as well make them while spinning around really fast. With that said I in no way endorse sloppy playing.
leaning against a wall upside down doing a one-hand handstand whilst playing guitar with the other hand and the teeth. badass. also the 'seizure', where you basically look like you're having a seizure while playing. fun stuff.
Quote by mastaphoo
leaning against a wall upside down doing a one-hand handstand whilst playing guitar with the other hand and the teeth. badass. also the 'seizure', where you basically look like you're having a seizure while playing. fun stuff.

Everybody does the seizure and stuff but who the hell actually pulled off that first one you mentioned?
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
Triple Guitar Flip video

This guy was doing well for a while... Haha.

This is where I stress the use of straplocks (And pefferably on old worthless guitar for learning) for any gigging or even practicing these moves.

Crowd surfing guitar

Wireless is of course required for this one. As is a pretty decent crowd so don't expect to see many people doing it often. I'd say it was the type of one that if you ever get a chance.. Go for it!
Last edited by TheDev01dOne at Mar 19, 2007,
powerslide into the bassist who then powerslides to the end of the stage for a solo. or vice cersa
The guitarist in Electric Eel Shock runs around the stage holding the guitar with his teeth. He must have a strong jaw, it ****ing kills.

He also does this. And yes, that is just a sock...
A cool trick I saw was with a guy who had a mirror finish on his guitar and used it to reflect the stage slights off into the crowd.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
I saw the bass player from flyleaf a couple of weeks ago climb up into the lighting rig when he didn't have to play for a while. Left himself hanging above the centre of the stage with the bass hanging off his back and a a fair drop below him. Then at the end of a verse he let go and hit the ground playing right where he needed to come in again. Made jumping off the stack look well soft.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
after the gig , let go of the guitar headstock-first to the floor. That is if ur really sure u wont need it anymore.
Do not put as much emphasis on the particular movements you do. You should put the emphasis on how large the movements are. You want the people at the back of the arena, or club as the case may be, to see you as clearly as the people standing in front of the stage. Walk around like you own the stage. Be VERY confident in your movements. Head up, chest out. LOOK EVERYONE IN THE EYES AT LEAST ONCE AS WELL! If you make eye contact with everyone in the crowd at one point in the show, you will make them feel like a part of the show.

Do not be afraid to get off of the stage and walk amongst the crowd either. If you have a wireless, go all over the place, even jump up on the bar and rock out for the people at the back. If you use a cable, just get down in front of the stage. People remember when you do things like that. If the stage you are playing on has a metal barricade at the front, GET ON IT! I have had some really interesting things happen from being on the barricade in front of the stage!

Just give 110% and you will do great. But most importantly, make the crowd part of the show since they are the ones paying to see you. If the fans are happy, you will be happy! Who knows, you may even meet your next girlfriend(or boyfriend whatever the case) from that show.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~

The Dick Head Extension

Like mentioned above, but using the head.
^^ Pretty damn good advice.

I've just started in a band that will hopefully be gigging soon. It's my first band so I've been thinking a lot lately about stage presence and shit like this. Things that make a band stand out from the rest of the bill.

@ the dickhead extension

What about the mandatory 'Manowar' sleazy look whilst licking your neck, uber-metal pose? (Poorly demonstrated by me about a year ago.)
Last edited by TheDev01dOne at Mar 19, 2007,
If you worry about your stageperformance. just do what the Clash do. If you do that shit and you have watched at least one Who live show as well, you'll totally rock the place.

**** Angus Young. Strummer and Mick are the real stagerockers ^^
Quote by TheDev01dOne
But if you get on stage and 'play' your instrument whilst jumping off your full stack. Your show will be more entertaining. The whole point of a performance is to entertain. Not JUST play music.

+1 people want to see a show, not just you playing.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I haven't actually tried yet. But from watching people do it, I think the trick is to lift the guitar until it's right over your shoulder and then give it a push backwards when you let go and gravity should do the rest and let it spin the rest of the way.

I dunno man, grab an old guitar and go try it. I'm gonna try tomorrow with my old Cimar thing. Should be interesting.

Oh and don't try it if you play liike a LP or 335 or explorer or something else really heavy. The heavier the guitar, the more chance the strap buttons will give way. Good luck!
jimmy page power stance..
HARDCORE GROUPIE OF THE LENGENDARY ZEPPELINISM
PM The Heartbreaker to join(you should join ) !!

TEH BEST THREAD EVER =]

Quote by DownInAHole.
3 times I've been sigged!

actually four now..^^^
Just jump around like maniac and smash things

thats what Kurdt Kobain did.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
^^

well if that's the case then I'll bring my crappiest guitar and amp for a good show and
smash'em both on stage...

but seriously I mostly do just headbang to beats while soloing and making some facial
expressions but still paying emphasis on playing...

Well in dont know if this is a stage move but I thought it was freaking awesome when Dimebag played when the headstock fell off but the locking nut kept the guitar in tune.
Well the only moves i do are simple headbanging ones, i always take a rather low stance and have the guitar strap loose. Headbanging when its applicable haha and pretty much the whole punky-jump in the air things, guitar flips, etc.

Id like to see someone backflip off the stage or off of something while playing or at the end of a song, that would be AWESOME
Page 1 of 3