Does any1 have any news or noe where i can find out anything about Dave Mustaine's new Line 6 amp???
Haha, i think online would be your best bet... Maybe the line 6 website? I wonder what he's thinking?!?!
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
It's probably secret or not made yet.

Also, its quitea practical idea, megadeth as allot of metal bands, dont use tons of different tones, so for live shows, having just a head with presets would simple things down.
just a question... He has good tone already? Why change?
........money!
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

He's proably changing because tastes change. And just because its Line6 doesnt mean its going to suck. Any company is capable of making quality, good sounding amps. It just so happens that Line6, in the past, has sacraficed quality and tone, for affordability and flexibility. I have no doubt that this amp will be a great piece of equipment. But I dont think Mustaine is trying to make money of off this. I mean its going to sound like Megadeth and thats it. I dont think it's going to be very good as far as new tones. Very few people are going to shell out the cash that this is likely going to cost, for an amp that really only focuses on on players tastes.

Also we have to remember that this is probably a touring rig and I doubt will be used in the studio. When you have access to as many options as Mustaine you can use any amp you want in the studio to get the exact sound you want. It's not like he uses his new Dean exclusively in the studio either. People can call Mustaine an endorsment *****, but I think his tastes are just changing. You dont span a career like that with the same sound. Besides....when your Dave Mustaine you can kinda do whatever the hell you want.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
Quote by Crimson_Eve
He's proably changing because tastes change. And just because its Line6 doesnt mean its going to suck. Any company is capable of making quality, good sounding amps. It just so happens that Line6, in the past, has sacraficed quality and tone, for affordability and flexibility. I have no doubt that this amp will be a great piece of equipment. But I dont think Mustaine is trying to make money of off this. I mean its going to sound like Megadeth and thats it. I dont think it's going to be very good as far as new tones. Very few people are going to shell out the cash that this is likely going to cost, for an amp that really only focuses on on players tastes.

Also we have to remember that this is probably a touring rig and I doubt will be used in the studio. When you have access to as many options as Mustaine you can use any amp you want in the studio to get the exact sound you want. It's not like he uses his new Dean exclusively in the studio either. People can call Mustaine an endorsment *****, but I think his tastes are just changing. You dont span a career like that with the same sound. Besides....when your Dave Mustaine you can kinda do whatever the hell you want.

+1. i agree completely.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Just because it's his signature amp, he doesn't have to use it. Maybe he just does promotion for it. It's like when big perfume companies uses moviestars to sell their shit.
No he's using it. On the Megadeth site it says under the gear he uses "Line 6 Dave Mustaine Signature amp beta models"

And at one point he did use JCM800. Mustaine is one guy who changed a lot! Guitars, strings, amps, band members haha...All the albums have a different sound. And I think he likes it that way.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
Man, Mustaine goes through more sponsers than I do underwear.(which is quite a bit). Jackson to ESP to now DEAN! Then Marshall to WHAT LINE MUTHA FRIKKEN 6!!!!! It is making me sick! Hopefully he doesnt play that amp live or they could make the first ever line 6 tube amp only for him.

Yeah, line 6 had never made a tube amp, at ALL!
Line 6 makes some very capable high end amps, im sure thats why he wants one, so he can get all of the tones from his albums live.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It still doesn't mean anything by saying that he uses them or their website, I still belive it's just comercial.
so is there any info about this amp anywhere? i cant find anything...
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
No....its in the beta process. Which basically means its in testing, They arent going to release info on an amp that is still in a trial/testing stage.

Man, Mustaine goes through more sponsers than I do underwear.(which is quite a bit). Jackson to ESP to now DEAN! Then Marshall to WHAT LINE MUTHA FRIKKEN 6!!!!! It is making me sick! Hopefully he doesnt play that amp live or they could make the first ever line 6 tube amp only for him.

Dude....when you have a career as long as his....things change. 2 changes really isnt a lot. He's just one of the few we actually hear about when they do it. Besides there is absolutely no reason that he cant tour with it. As kidthorazine said, they are capable of making quality amps. its just in the past they havent because they wanted to appeal to the beginners market with low prices. Thorazine also makes a second great point. When your sound evolves as much as Mustaines has it is hard to emulate the tone from older albums while keeping the same one from the newer stuff. With a modeling amp it is much easier to just click on the "Rust" tone, then click back to any other tone.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
Sure, but still. He has used pretty much the same amp set up for a long while now, and it is a tube set up. I strongly think that either Line 6 will make him a tube amp or he won't be playing Line 6 for long. And I agree with you on the modeling part. I just dont know of any tube amps that have modeling capabilites of the Vetta or HD Line 6 series.
Why does it have to be tube? Look at Dime! The point of a high end modeling amp is to emulate a tube sound. Sure I dont think that its the same but technology is increasing and Line 6 is at the forefront of it. Which explains the beta research. Maybe Line 6 will make him a tube amp...but Im not counting on it. And like I said up top....this doesnt mean he is going to record with it necessarily. I bet a lot of the amps he used in studio werent Marshalls back in the day (Hey isnt that a Megadeth song??). Dont let spider taint your conception of Line 6. The bad products they put out is a part of their marketing strategy. The people at Line 6 know they suck....they are trying to fill the lower end of the market. Guitarists dont need another high end amp out there, beginners do need the availability of amps on the other hand. If Line 6 makes a good amp then they made a good amp....Hell I'll play it if it sounds good. I wont say it sucks just because it isnt tube.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
just because everyone on UG is a tube snob doesnt mean that all pro guitarists are. Most people base their amp preferences on how it sounds, not what technology its based on.

Last.fm
Bah, what does it matter, IT'S FREAKING DAVE MUSTAINE.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
There are plenty of good, competent guitarists who use solid state amps. The good majority of those guys use Line 6.

You guys need to shut the **** up because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

If they're making a sig amp for dave, that mean its DAVE's amp. It most likely wont be tube because Line6 don't make tube amps. Therefore, it will be an amp which DAVE wants and DAVE likes with DAVE's idea of tone made by Line 6 amplification. Its a joint work.

Companies don't just make signature products for people then ask if they want to use them, no. They're designed in part by the artists who use them and in part by the company. they work together to get what makes the artist happy.

I'm pretty sure Dave could go to quite a few companies and get signature gear and he's working with Line 6 for a reason.
Such anger!!
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
Genocides right, Though if you want Daves tone i still believe your best bet is an 800.

And to the guy who said its commercial or for money i beg to differ dave has mor emoney than he knows what to do with. If you know the whole feud between him and Ellfeson it is that The Band members of Megadeth all 18 past and present have accumulated a total off 200 million dollars more than half of that has gone into Daves pocket so its safe to say money isnt an issue with him. He is getting this amp because he wants to use it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
just because everyone on UG is a tube snob doesnt mean that all pro guitarists are. Most people base their amp preferences on how it sounds, not what technology its based on.

Exactly. Most people base their amp preferences on how it sounds, that's why they use tube amps But seriously I'd use a sorry ass amp if somebody paid me a few million to do it.
Thats whats happening

Anytime an endorsment deal goes down you know the money is the great persuader. Look at Yngwie when he was using Rhino amps... you know he hated the sound of those things hahaha but he played em anway.
Quote by Bobbito315
Exactly. Most people base their amp preferences on how it sounds, that's why they use tube amps But seriously I'd use a sorry ass amp if somebody paid me a few million to do it.

That might be the case...but then again, if you've been told peanut butter tastes horrible all your life, are you really going to be all that keen on trying some? In fact, you might be more inclined to log on to a forum and post "DON'T EAT PEANUT BUTTER, IT WILL SUCK YOUR TON...EH...IT WILL TASTE HORRIBLE!!!"

Line6 Vetta II...try one, and I don't mean plug into it for 5 minutes. If it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for you, it doesn't always mean it's a bad product. Plain and simple, Orange amps do not work for me, the same can be said with every Marshall and Mesa Recto (other than the Roadster and Road King). Does that mean that Marshall, Mesa and Orange makes horrible amps?
There must be a reason why you see Marshalls and Mesa more on stage then Line 6. Not to say you can't get a decent tone out of their gear.
OK I cant stress this enough. Line 6 is capable of making an amp just as good as any other company. MOST of their products....the vetta II is the exception....suck ass!! And they do that on purpose so they can sell amps to a market that is fairly limited. The beginners amp market. If they used all of their efforts to make the Spider series as good as it could be they wouldnt be selling as many due to the fact that you can buy a Marshall, ENGL, Bogner, Mesa, Peavy, Genz-Benz, Randall, VHT, Soldano, or about 300 different boutique amps. When your just starting however its hard to find an amp that isnt just the same old shit.

You see Mesa and Marshall on stage more because they are high end amps. For all we know this new Mustaine amp is Line 6 attempting to break into a new market after establishing a good line of practice amps. And yes....regardless of what you all think Line 6 so far has proved to be a good practice amp. And thats what they were made for...practice amps. It was all business when they decided to sell a head. Can you blame em for wanting to make a buck doing what nobody else is doing?
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
Quote by Crimson_Eve
OK I cant stress this enough. Line 6 is capable of making an amp just as good as any other company. MOST of their products....the vetta II is the exception....suck ass!! And they do that on purpose so they can sell amps to a market that is fairly limited. The beginners amp market. If they used all of their efforts to make the Spider series as good as it could be they wouldnt be selling as many due to the fact that you can buy a Marshall, ENGL, Bogner, Mesa, Peavy, Genz-Benz, Randall, VHT, Soldano, or about 300 different boutique amps. When your just starting however its hard to find an amp that isnt just the same old shit.

You see Mesa and Marshall on stage more because they are high end amps. For all we know this new Mustaine amp is Line 6 attempting to break into a new market after establishing a good line of practice amps. And yes....regardless of what you all think Line 6 so far has proved to be a good practice amp. And thats what they were made for...practice amps. It was all business when they decided to sell a head. Can you blame em for wanting to make a buck doing what nobody else is doing?

The research, development and cost don't allow them to make their amps.

Just as Marshall, ENGL, Bogner, Mesa, Peavey, Genz Benz, VHT and Soldano or about 300 other different boutique manufacturers can't afford to sell their amps for $250, neither can Line 6. So why do you have to bash Line 6 for that?

They make professional level amplifiers as well. These amplifiers don't 'suck' and generally speaking, are worth just about every penny people pay for them. Otherwise, they wouldn't still be on the market, would they?

I'm sure Mesa/Boogie don't have to mark up their rectifiers to $2,000, but they do. So why don't you go straight to the Mesa/Boogie thread and tell them all how much THEIR amps suck because they aren't cheap.

How about the Orange thread? Fender? Should I continue?

I have to ask you this: What in the **** is wrong with making a practice amp? what's the ****ing bad thing about making an affordable amplifier? What's wrong with selling a product that doesn't cost the down payment of a house to purchase? Can you tell me that? If anything, good on them for TRYING to make something affordable.

I don't see ANYONE slagging down other companies in large, vocal numbers. I don't see ANYONE acting out about it besides a bunch of violently retarded childish remarks. Oh no, these amps are HORRIBLE because they aren't meant to be $4000 imported boutique professional level heads, we should post in EVERY SINGLE THREAD about how bad they are.
True. Line 6 is ok. It's just that most of their amps aren't the kind of amp i'd like to play at a gig.
Quote by Bobbito315

I garuntee you if line 6 made an amp that sounded just like an ENGL or something people on UG would still bash it for being a line 6 and a solid state amp.

Last.fm
^true. Kinda sad actually.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

I doubt it

If enough of them sounded good people would be buying them and we'd be hearing sound clips of amazing tones.
OK this one is just for you xxGenocide98xx....

Can you read or do you just choose not to?
I never said that Line 6 suck. I was one of the few actually defending them but due to your inability to read you are now yelling and swearing at me. What i said was and I will quote myself. "For all we know this new Mustaine amp is Line 6 attempting to break into a new market after establishing a good line of practice amps. And yes....regardless of what you all think Line 6 so far has proved to be a good practice amp. And thats what they were made for...practice amps"

When I said most of their products suck ass, it was a comparison. If you put all Line 6 amps up with all Marshall, or Soldano, or ENGL or any other amps I listed you will find that hands down the other amps will sound better more consitantly. This is because Line 6 is in the market of PRACTICE AMPS!! God I hate repeating myself. If Line 6 made all $1500 and up amps they wouldnt be selling very many because there are so many in that range to choose from. Like I said....the market needs more cheap beginner level practice amps....which is exactly what they are doing. Also like I already said Line 6 is doing a good thing by doing this. Yes the Vetta is an exception, and I'm sure this new Mustaine will too.

But now that this thread has gotten way off topic I will adress the real question once again. We will not know anything about this amp until it is ready to be put into production. I'm sure Line 6 has something new up their sleeve that only they and Dave Mustaine know about.
So please....learn to read, and then read all of my posts.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
well, no company really sucks. some products suck. Like marshall, marshall rocks, but the MG sucks. Or Line six. Line six doesn't suck at all but the spider does.