I've looked at a couple speakers and I couldn't decide, my price range limit is about 130$, cause I need to save money for everything else. Thanks in advance.
what type of music do you play? Do you want a dark, midsy, or bright sound? Brit tone or American?
Not taking any online orders.
Look at eminence.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Quote by forsaknazrael
Weber's Signature Speaker line is pretty cheap, and the speakers are good for the money.
tedweber.com

One of my friends put a weber in a Fender Deluxe, sounds awesome. I have no personal experience (yet) but I haven't heard a single bad thing about them.
Thanks for the input, the head it would be running from would be an Epiphone Valve Junior, and the music I play is mostly Classical and self composed.

EDIT: I'm considering the Ceramic Sig 12B from Ted Weber, anyone have any experience or any other suggestions? Also, having never made a Cab before I'll be open to any and all suggestions.

"General purpose medium power ceramic 12. Economical replacement for Chicago Jensen C12N, C12Q, Oxford, Utah, Eminence, etc.
12", 40oz ceramic magnet, 50 watts, 1-1/2" voice coil, british cone and dustcap.
Later breakup, strong low end with lots of punch and dynamics."
Last edited by SpamTheBox at Mar 19, 2007,
Greenbacks, maybe, or a Blue(both celestion). I have a 4x12 made with peavey speakers, and they sound really good. they are black widows.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by SpamTheBox
Thanks for the input, the head it would be running from would be an Epiphone Valve Junior, and the music I play is mostly Classical and self composed.

EDIT: I'm considering the Ceramic Sig 12B from Ted Weber, anyone have any experience or any other suggestions? Also, having never made a Cab before I'll be open to any and all suggestions.

"General purpose medium power ceramic 12. Economical replacement for Chicago Jensen C12N, C12Q, Oxford, Utah, Eminence, etc.
12", 40oz ceramic magnet, 50 watts, 1-1/2" voice coil, british cone and dustcap.

That sounds pretty good. That means it'll distort only when you push the amp quite a bit, and it'll have a nice bottom end.

For what purpose will this cab be? Just home practice?
Ya, mostly just home practice and maybe a "jam" with a keyboard player every once and a while.
I put a Celestion Vintage 30 in my Marshall. It's an 8 ohm rated speaker in a 4 ohm combo 1x12. It sounds really great. It's not the brightest speaker I've heard, but the mid range and bass response blows away many others. (and the magnet weighs a ton!)

$110 is what I paid. I couldn't be happier with it.
If my amp says that you can connect only 4 Ohm speakers...I suppose this limits my choices,right ? Couldn't use the Celestion speaker...
For the same price range as before,what can you suggest for 4Ohm ? Planning to use this with a 5W all tube high gain amp playing just about anything from Satriani to Slash to metal...got an effects unit also.Thx.
eminence FTW. if you have a higher budget, look around, they make some great speakers.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Blood0NyourLips
If my amp says that you can connect only 4 Ohm speakers...I suppose this limits my choices,right ? Couldn't use the Celestion speaker...
For the same price range as before,what can you suggest for 4Ohm ? Planning to use this with a 5W all tube high gain amp playing just about anything from Satriani to Slash to metal...got an effects unit also.Thx.

A lot of amps that say they are 4 ohm actually have an extra wire coming off the output transformer that is for 8 ohm output. I rigged my valve jr combo up so that I can switch between 4 ohm and 8 ohm. It's pretty easy to do, just cut the wire to the output jack and solder it to the output of the toggle switch, and solder the 4 ohm and 8 ohm wire to the inputs of the toggle

as for the speaker, I wouldn't get a 50 watt speaker and run it off a 5 watt head. It will sound much better if you get a 15 to 25 watt speaker.
Not taking any online orders.
Not 50 watts eh? Well there was a another one I was considering getting, I'll post the specs:

AlNiCo Blue Pup 8
35.00 USD
British Series
2lb (.90kg)
8-1/8" (20.6cm) diameter 2-7/8" (7.30cm) deep
For all Champs with 8" speaker and to replace Chicago Jensen C8R, Oxfords, and other 8" speakers.
8", 20oz ceramic magnet, 15 watt, 1" voice coil, british ribbed cone.
Bright, detailed, aggressive, lots of dynamics and bite, high end chime and ring.
Will fit in tweed and early BF Champs.
Here's a sound clip of the 10" version, I assume they sound the same, but correct me if I am wrong.
http://www.pennalizer.com/media/audio/3_210B_AIFF.mp3

The Other possibility would be a 6x9" speaker, which I'm considering only because it is different as well as cheap :P
Replacement for Gibsons, Leslie (RVT models), and others requiring a vintage style 6x9" speaker.
6x9", 20oz Ceramic magnet, 20 watts, 1" voice coil, smooth, curved cone.
Warm, moderate breakup, quirky like only a 6x9 can be.
Last edited by SpamTheBox at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by SpamTheBox

"General purpose medium power ceramic 12. Economical replacement for Chicago. Jensen C12N, C12Q, Oxford, Utah, Eminence, etc.

i just bought one for an open back 1x12. running from my vjr. great speaker. full bottom end, rich no rattle, handles the volume.
i like it a little more than my eminence
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011