Ive seen this 2nd hand squier i might get off someone but i have a problem.

I'm not sure what model it is, and he doesnt either.

Its sunburt stratocaster squier but im not sure wether its an Affinity or a standard.

Its got 22 frets and all the affinity strats ive seen have got only 21 frets, but...
the headstock has just got squier written on it, while from research i can see that standards seem to have squier stratocaster written on it with the 'stratocaster' word stretching across most of the headstock in largeish writing.

Can you help me? Is this an older model squier standard or do they actually make 22 fret affinitys?

ta, Ben
one way you can tell is if the headstock is larger than normal a' la the 70's strat, then it is an affinity. If the headstock is the standard size then it'll just be a standard. either way you don't really want to buy a squier, just save up for an actual fender if you can.
the Apple Corporation Sucks in it's Entirety = My gang
Affinity strats normally say "Affinity Series" In small letters on the head. At least mine does, but it could be different.
Quote by xXbleed4meXx
one way you can tell is if the headstock is larger than normal a' la the 70's strat, then it is an affinity. If the headstock is the standard size then it'll just be a standard. either way you don't really want to buy a squier, just save up for an actual fender if you can.

actually all squiers sport the 70's style headstock......my standard has an oversized head

but i dunno.......what kind of bridge does it have?
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
Sounds like an affinity. If it says 'Affinity Series' on the headstock, then, it is.

You don't want a squier, like the guy says up there ^^, I have one and it plays like a cow that stepped in it's own doo-doo.
I've had personal experience with squiers and they're not even close to the quality you'd get out of something like the standard strat even. I would try to save for at least a highway one, because I hear those are really nice, but at least get a standard strat because it's not that much more and the "Buy a squier and put good pickups in it" theory never works.
the Apple Corporation Sucks in it's Entirety = My gang
Quote by 7PlaGues
^just from my personal experiences with modding older Squiers, i would have to disagree.

hey i've been meaning to put a thread about this up...ok, i've been playing through a squier for a while now and the tone i get out of it just plain sucks. it actually plays pretty nice though, so i don't want to get a new guitar. if i get new pickups will it sound better?
it's a SSH and the single coils are alright so i just want to swap out the humbucker.....for rock and metal, what would be a good humbucker?

also...will locking tuners keep it in tune?
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
^new pickups, new switch and new pots will definitely be an upgrade. you can do sperzels to replace the generic stock ones. i normally swap out the pots, switch and pickups right from the get go. tuners are a hit and miss. some work great while others are unusable. seymour duncan has very nice humbuckers and alot of them are really versatile for different styles. I would look into a few of them. fender red lace humbcucker would be nice as well.
Thread starter: That squire sounds like the kind that you don't buy.
4 8 15 16 23 42
Quote by 7PlaGues
^new pickups, new switch and new pots will definitely be an upgrade. you can do sperzels to replace the generic stock ones. i normally swap out the pots, switch and pickups right from the get go. tuners are a hit and miss. some work great while others are unusable. seymour duncan has very nice humbuckers and alot of them are really versatile for different styles. I would look into a few of them. fender red lace humbcucker would be nice as well.

What kind of upgrade would be switching the pots?. Better tone?.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS