I don't know, my mind is burned out. I already have enough trouble coming up with lyrics, but now I can't even think of anything to write about.

I don't care about the goverment or girls, or my parents, or anything, so none of those typical ideas will fit. I mean, I could always write about something random, but dont people see through that as lack of creativity? I mean, I was thinking about just writing something about elephants getting tortured, but who wants to hear that?

What are your favorite kind of lyrics to listen to?
Anything about enjoying life e.g The Specials - Enjoy Yourself, RBF - Good Thing and any anti-war song appeals to me.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
google "stream of consciousness" style of writing
Quote by MyGuitarAndMe

voodoo child - jimi hendrix (good song by a crap guitarist)
nothing else matters - metalica (closest they'll ever come to true metal)
can't stop - rhcp (john is not god)
fix you - coldplay (the shredding is top)
Try something like What I Got by Sublime, it might be a change of style that creates ideas.
Quote by Chaise Boogie

I don't care about the goverment or girls, or my parents, or anything?

Put that in a song
Jizz is where it is
Brainapocalypse is writing a concept album about the cold war, man you can write about anything.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Right about crumbling mountains and link it to how foundations break
write a concept album about bdsm, and how sthe madame is betrayed and arrested but offered her freedom in exchange to testifying against Don Pedro, a pedrophile.
Oh yeah, then write a concept album about doing smack.

It's better to write concept albums as opposed to single songs, because it allows you to milk the subject more.
Wank off and record the noises you make.. Punk at it's finest!
peace & chemicals
Quote by anti
Wank off and record the noises you make.. Punk at it's finest!

I think we've just thought of another use for the pop shield!
Quote by Chaise Boogie
I don't care about the goverment or girls, or my parents, or anything

The Ramones - I Don't Care

I don't care
I don't care
I don't care
About this world
I don't care
About that girl
I don't care
I don't care
I don't care
About these words
I don't care
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
write about anything...example - THE AQUABATS!

they took no use meaningless lyrics and used them
The Descendents...I like food. haha that song cracks me up.
anyways you can write about anything ANYTHING!!!
Songs about fetishes are always a joy. Good songs about fetishes anyway.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
I'm dead set on writing a song about the 90 percent of the population of kids here that happen to be all scene and trendy. I have such a passionate hate for the fake people in my town and hate them oh so much, so maybe I'll spill out my guts out about them.

I have such a problem writing songs, but then I listen to Out Comes The Wolves and continue to realize that it does not matter what you write about, because half the people listening aren't going to understand what you're saying.
I always respected AFI's old stuff, Havok had the ability to write whatever he wanted to write then just sing it. I mean if you actually look at the lyrics then listen to the songs, he's using the beginning and the end of a word after like pausing. Yeah i know they suck now, but they're a different genre now.
peace & chemicals
Quote by Chaise Boogie
I mean, I was thinking about just writing something about elephants getting tortured, but who wants to hear that?

Blink-182 wrote songs about f**king dogs and grandparents and they didn't do too badly for themselves.
I think your problem is you think people actually care about the lyrics.
peace & chemicals
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Songs about fetishes are always a joy. Good songs about fetishes anyway.

Thank god for CowsWithGuns.
if it's real, I'm down.
We never grasp self-realization, we are two abysses; A well staring at the sky.........
write about calculus and biology use these as your metaphor
Quote by MyGuitarAndMe

voodoo child - jimi hendrix (good song by a crap guitarist)
nothing else matters - metalica (closest they'll ever come to true metal)
can't stop - rhcp (john is not god)
fix you - coldplay (the shredding is top)
Quote by anti
I think your problem is you think people actually care about the lyrics.

Do people really care about lyrics?

I personally don't give a shit about what's being sung, 90 percent of the time I have no idea what they're even saying, but I always hear people praising bands lyrical skills, and the fact that I lack all skills, I wonder is it required.
My lyrics are very... surreal at the moment,

unfortunately, im not having any musical ideas, and I dont wanna do another rockabilly number so soon after the advent of glitterbilly kitten.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Write about the difference in smell your bathroom is, before you have the shit and after you have the shit. That would be TrU PuNkZ. Or you could top that and sing about killing cops in Tru PuNkZ leftover crack style...

Pah, thats not punk.

everyone knows that REAL punks shit in their beds
Quote by guitarer
google "stream of consciousness" style of writing

That stuff is awesome.

You have to care about something, or have some kind of passion. Otherwise, you would have no reason to play music. Write about your passion.
psh. just do what all great lyricists do when they dont know what to write about. write about sex!
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by indestructible8
wattie buchan shits in his mohawk to keep it up. i guess since he doesnt shit in his bed hes not punk

yeah, but the thing about wattie buchanan is that he has 2 identities.

Wattie is... Neil Buchunan!

Quote by indestructible8
you mean he runs a kids art depot or hes just a paedophile? you have to be more clear with these posts, this is the second time in 3 minutes youve confused the hell out of me.

sorry, im in a silly mood today.