i know if i asked for some songs that would be good for this , i`d just get "whatever songs you like", which i know, but heres some songs i have in mind for playing. i`m doing it solo , and am not a good singer, at all, but i`ll sing with em anyways cuz it will make it better, rather than just guitar. so , could you please let me know what ones would be best or if theres any songs you would replace here , and why, or if you have suggestion on songs to do please let me know too and i`ll check em out. i just wanna make sure im not doing to little in terms of showing my ability, or trying to do too much and show off, which i dont want to try to do, even if it seems like a good thing. so , here we go;

Blackbird – the beatles
Castles made of sand – Jimi Hendrix
Bloody mother****ing asshole – Martha wainwright
No surprises – Radiohead
The past recedes - John Frusciante (for the solo)
Homeward Bound – simon & garfunkel
If it`s in you – Syd Barrett
somethings in the way - Nirvana
Substitute - The Who (not sure bout this myself)
Tangled up in blue - Bob Dylan (not entire, its too long :p)
snowblind - Black Sabbath
Blue Sunday - The Doors ( dont know it yet, but wud learn it, obviously)
Behind Blue Eyes - The who

thats what ive got so far. wont be doing all of them , just 4 or 5. if you would be so kind as to give me a list of your top 5 from this, &/ any changes /recommendations you would have. doing it on acoustic on Wednesday. i wanna try to show different styles i know, so. thanx for your help.
member number 14 of the UG John frusciante fan club

Founder of the 'the John Frusciante ****ing sucks!Club!" sucks, club!
if your showing your ability, do not do nirvana. just practice a bunch of these songs, and do the ones taht you are most comfortabe with, or th eones that you think sound the best.
wait............. what college?
both who songs, hendrix, beatles n frusciante i'd say
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Quote by rixills
if your showing your ability, do not do nirvana. just practice a bunch of these songs, and do the ones taht you are most comfortabe with, or th eones that you think sound the best.
wait............. what college?

its a college in Ireland , doing a Post Leaving Cert Course (plc) 1 yr on musicianship and theory. so , youre not expected to be great going in. they teach you basic theory , how 2 use it so on so forth. i thought sumting in the way cud b gd with the quiet verse and emotionally sung chorus.
member number 14 of the UG John frusciante fan club

Founder of the 'the John Frusciante ****ing sucks!Club!" sucks, club!
Quote by chrisatgrace
autumn leaves. idk who its buy, but its good jazz.

I agree. My teacher gave me a chord arrangement of that song, it's very difficult but it's really pretty.

I'd say go for different genres. My teacher played the solo to Revelation (Mother Earth) by Ozzy, a Beethoven song, and a jazz song.