Page 1 of 2
I don't. Unless theres some excuse like you wish you could but you aren't allowed to or you say your planning to.

Long hair just looks alot better and alot more hardcore, and shows that you have been into metal/rock for a long time.
Quote by Papathurzday
I don't. Unless theres some excuse like you wish you could but you aren't allowed to or you say your planning to.

Long hair just looks alot better and alot more hardcore, and shows that you have been into metal/rock for a long time.

bullshit!
Yeah 'cause you know, hair gives you skillz and credibility. Satriani, Gilbert, Suicmez > you.
FYI, short hair is what's popular with hardcore musicians so long hair is not hardcore.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 19, 2007,
this thread is just so full of shit

****ing shit

i have long hair btw and i ****ing rock at playing guitar, doesnt mean my friend with spikey hair isnt better then me, cos he is, by a long shot.
I agree long hair adds to the rocker look, but not taking a guitarist seriously because they have short hair is one of the most stupid things I ever heard.

Check out Muhammed Suicmez.
kerry king has no hair.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Papathurzday

+1

oops. I mean -100. You, sir, are officially a penis. A great, big hairy penis with chlamydia.
i dont correlate fashion sense with guitar playing, that seems horribly superficial. I do have long hair though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
well i see most of you with short hair are offended so i will ask to delete this thread.

but sry its just something i can't like control.

it looks so much better and i hate lookin' like the average normal joe.
Quote by rabidguitarist
kerry king has no hair.

+1,000

Kerry King kicks major ass.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Throw a flash bang at him.
Wow. I haven't heard a load of shit like this in a LONG time.

Long hair shows you care about how you look. Most guitarists have long hair because they THINK it makes them look like they know shit. But all it signifies is that you give a rats ass about how you look, rather than how you play.

Basically. Long hair = fashion, not skill.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Why the hell wouldn't I?

EDIT: Though I have to disagree with the person directly above me.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

BULLSHIT!

I've got short hair but I listen I think since I'm 8 years old to rock/metal (and I'm 17,5 right now)... I just don't think it's pratical to have long hair and it doesn't fit me!
So... cause it doesn't fit me I'm a shitty guitar player?
And cause I'm almost bold right now (3-5 mm of hair) I'm listening to dance-music right?
No Way...

This is just the most useless thread I've seen in a long time you know
So... congratulations!

And does every good known or less-known rock/metal-guitarist has long hair?
If I'm not wrong Petrucci minimized it?
Satriani doesn't have... well.... long hair... HE HASN'T GOT ANY HAIR AT ALL!
Should I continue the list?
And by saying these guitarists suck you propably doesn't know a damn thing about music...
Quote by Ishiga
Wow. I haven't heard a load of shit like this in a LONG time.

Long hair shows you care about how you look. Most guitarists have long hair because they THINK it makes them look like they know shit. But all it signifies is that you give a rats ass about how you look, rather than how you play.

Basically. Long hair = fashion, not skill.

+9999999999
I would love longer hair, but my school is shit.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
alot of the time i take them more seriously than people with long hair (i prefer people who care less about image than the music they make)
Last edited by stained at Mar 19, 2007,
that's about the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

I had long hair and had it cut off, am I now a shit guitarist who shouldn't be taken seriously as a result?
Paul Gilbert and John Frusiante (sp?) both currently have short hair, and they still own the hell out of you.
hair isnt everything, its about the music man
frusciante, satriani and me have short hair
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Okay if like idk the greatest guitarist had short hair i would still admire him but id still dislike how boring he'd look.

it is a fashion thing but if i saw them at first glance id be more weary then someone with long hair.
why wouldn't you?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by Papathurzday
Okay if like idk the greatest guitarist had short hair i would still admire him but id still dislike how boring he'd look.

it is a fashion thing but if i saw them at first glance id be more weary then someone with long hair.

Im not quite sure 'weary' was the right choice of word
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Ian from anthrax has no hair, but maybe his beard makes up for it.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Just to clarify myself, I'm not implying that guitarists with long hair are automatically fashion-**** posers. Some of the worlds greatest have long hair.

But long hair doesn't cover you if you **** up on stage.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Les us compare you to for example someone like Gilbert, Petrucci, Satriani of Frusiante....
Let's see... who would bethe one that will win this battle... hmm... hard one!
I think you would run away if it came to a confrontation!... (and struggle cause your hair was to long...)
Oh honey, i'm disappointed.
You came here to ask this question?

It's not about how different they look, it's about how well they play.
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
+1

oops. I mean -100. You, sir, are officially a penis. A great, big hairy penis with chlamydia.

...I think I might have to sig that...
E-Married to redneckrebel

Slinov>the cut down ultra cool short version story where the reader/listener gets to make their own assumptins on wat happens next
Slinov>how artistc of u jaci

beatha is ea an ceol
Quote by CORT noob
Ian from anthrax has no hair, but maybe his beard makes up for it.

LOL, ian rules man! he used to have a long hair back in the 80s and now hes bald so he sucks yeah?
Page 1 of 2