Well just yesterday I put up a guitar hook... er holder or whatever. Kinda like the one's they use at guitar center to hang all the guitars and basses. So I installed it and hung my bass on the wall and it looks pretty good. I love it because it's functional, saves room, and it asthetic as well... but my concern is warping of the neck.

I just let it hang over night and now I'm looking at my neck and I can swear I see the slightest bend... now it may be me just being overly cautious of the damn hook and it may have been a bit warped to begin with and I'm just now noticing it. So if that is the case (that it was already warped prior to hanging it) would continouing to hang it help with the problem and straighten it out more? Or should I consider a different course of action?

Thanks in advance.
im not sure rele. they say its better to hang guitars like that, im not sure about basses
It's paranoia or a change in humidity in your room as hanging a bass/guitar n a wall hanger will do nothing bad to it. Unless you throw something at it...
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
don't get me wrong here... but aren't the necks supposed to have a bit of a bend?

read it somewhere, although it could be a bunch of crap :p

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Quote by DiabloCoche
don't get me wrong here... but aren't the necks supposed to have a bit of a bend?

Yes, you need a bit of relief on the neck. Otherwise the strings will just bang into the frets... a la fret buzz.

A slight concave curvature in the neck is perfectly normal. If you are still concerned, take it to your local luther who will tell you if anything's wrong with it.
Quote by DiabloCoche

You may be right. I've only been playing for about 3 years and there's still heaps I don't know about bass so that's a possibility. Hopefully you are lol because I don't want to have to deal with a warped neck. I don't have the money for repairs and I can't stand to neglect something like that.

EDIT: YES! Shut up you *** you officially saved my day lol. I was all worried and in a rut about it. Especially since it's still a fairly new bass. Great, learn something new everyday... although I think I may have heard of that before but when I saw bending it was all in one ear and out the other.
Last edited by II draculA at Mar 19, 2007,
No problem mate...

But I do still suggest getting it checked out. When I bought my first proper bass brand new, I didn't know that the action was dreadfully high until a year later when I noticed how comfortable other basses were to play.

It does cost a bit of money for a full setup, but even for a total beginner I would recommend it. It helps your playing at the end of the day.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if you decide not to... but it's a good recommendation.

But good luck with the new bass... I hope she's a beast.
you should never buy the ones that dont lock, or the cheap kind. I wouldn't mind paying 20 bucks to protect $1,000, ya know?
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join