Well as I'm getting rid of my amp for a new one, I will be also loosing the amp built in tuner. I already have a really cheap tuner from a while ago, however, I think I need a new one. I pretty much want a pedal one as it is alot easier, however, the only real reliable companies I have seen that sell them seem to be Boss. I don't really want to be paying too much for one as well, so could you guys make some suggestions please.

Thanks, danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R

Just out of curiosity though. Has anything tried this?

anything?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I've only had bad experiences with boss tuners. Look into Korg they make great tuners. I also had a handheld ibanez tuner that I loved till I broke it.
Personally i wouldn't get the boss one, they seem a bit overpriced for what they are. Some good tuners are the planet waves stage tuner (still pricey), korg DT-10 (Probably the best tuner you will get for the money if you are planning on gigging) and there are a couple of fender ones (i've heard mxed reviews on these, and have not tested them myself). Personally i bought one of those cheap behringer ones (£15:eek and am pleasantly suprised how well it's working. I am not currently gigging and it does it's job perfectly fine for bedroom use.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

^ That fender tuner looks ok actually. Anybody got one or used one? What does it do to the tone? Also, does it have a bypass mode?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by hendriko
anything?

anyone...

lol.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R

havent tried it
but looks interesting

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Those fender tuners supposedly change your tone more than some pedals, then again the same has been said about the berhinger pedal i have, but with my rig it doesn't affect the tone. If your going to pay that much for a tuner i'd personally go with this korg one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Korg-DT-10-DT10-Guitar-Bass-Floor-Tuner-Pedal_W0QQitemZ290094999903QQcategoryZ22672QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22

Dont cheap out on tuners. Theyre what really make your tone and sound as a player. I personally dont own a peterson, maybe in the future, but i have a korg GT-12 or something like that. Its true bypass and its awsome. its not a pedal though, if your not running it through an adapter, and want to turn it of to save money your going to have to bend down and switch it off. OOOHHH NNOOOOO!!!!! NOT BENDING DOWWWNNN!!!!!! AHHHHHH ****ING AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
That's the one i just put a link to on uk ebay, it's a nice pedal yes.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

^ Yes I know, was just seeing if anybody else has experience with them.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

That's exactly why I never put tuners in my pedal string.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I just need a little info on how you wire up the tuner pedal. Because they have an input,output and bypass.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Usually a tuner has input on one side and a output and bypass on the other. Guitar goes to input obviously, then output can come from output or bypass. If you select out, when the pedal is on the output is muted, for silent tuning. If you select bypass then the sound will still be heard through the amp when the pedal is on.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22

^ thank you very much for that.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!