Page 1 of 2
just curious, since at any given moment (even in the wee hours of the morn) there are anywhere between 200 and 600 users in the pit

so im just wondering what got yall into UG, then the forums

for me it was my buddy(FeatherBreeze), he would be on here all the time and id just watch then his ass got banned fo'flamin and i realized; if i wanna keep up wit the current news at UG i gotta make my own account...so yea i been around for a while, even though i never had an account
I wanted tabs and this was the best site to get one, then i just signed up.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
Personally I just found the site when googling tabs years back. Kept coming here for tabs for a while, and eventually stumbled upon the forums.
Was looking up stuff about Goth, found erling's article about it, then found the Only Goth Music Thread, and decided to register.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I was looking for some Weezer tabs. rofl rofl.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I was getting tabs here, and I saw th forum button and was like "Cool, a guitar forum"
" What do I say to an Atheist who sneezes? "Uh, when you die nothing happens"?- Dane Cook
I found the site while looking for tabs, and then found the forums. For a while I was just a browser, but then decided to register because I liked what I read and wanted to join in.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Tom Martin
Personally I just found the site when googling tabs years back. Kept coming here for tabs for a while, and eventually stumbled upon the forums.

Yea, something like that for me. I always used MXtabs untill it closed down, so I came to UG and found it was far superior.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
I googled "guitar".

/Epic.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
i found it by accident n once i learned it was out of copyright laws i joined
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
when i first got the internet i search guitar tabs in Google and i reckon this was the best result, after a few years of me going onto this site i decided to sign up, and now here i am basically
I was searching for some Nirvana tabs, and came upon the forums. Being the obnoxious bastard that I am, I felt the need to sign up and participate
i used to be a member of tabo then that got shut down and this looked like a better bet than MX, lol.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I think it found it looking for a songwriting forum and then i stumbled into the pit! Now the whole site is like a brother to me!
God Bless UG!
Through 911 tabs. But that pisses me off; I hate the frame at the top. So I bookmarked UG for tabs, and eventually came across the forums.
google -> tabs -> 911 tabs -> UG.com (-> Forums -> The Pit -> " how did you get into UG?")
Always came here for tabs, then found the fourms so signed up...how exciting.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by Tom Martin

same
I used to use Mxtabs, but I couldn't find a decent tab for a certain song. I googled and I found UG. I joined under a different screename in February of 2005, but I never activated it. Then in December of 05 I registered with another name, then decided to check out the forums. I've been here ever since.

Oh yeah, they already deleted my other name after I notified them.
Quote by Ragafusion

for me it was my buddy(FeatherBreeze)

Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I found the site while looking for tabs, and then found the forums. For a while I was just a browser, but then decided to register because I liked what I read and wanted to join in.

There, much better.

Actually, I think it was the hot chicks thread that swayed me into joining

EDIT: Wahappen, you pwnz0rmaniac.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Back when I first started playing I used to site for tabs and then couldn't find one. So I worked it out myself and tried to submit it to the site and discovered you needed to be a member. I signed up, submitted a few more tabs and last year decided to join the forums just for the hell of it. And now here I am ^_^

With no life...
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
for me the important thing, is not how i got into UG, but why i stayed.

shortly after i got here, i found The Pit.

being the old pervert that i am, i got addicted.

then became emotionally involved with an intoxicating young enchantress .... a minor.

so, i'll be off to prison soon.

....you know, same old story.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Well, A long time ago, I went to a pshycologist, and he said that I'm too normal. yes, too normal. He pescribed me 1 hours of UG a day, no more, no less. I went slightly over that, now im an addict. Im actually in rehab at the moment and had to build a computer and modem out of leaves and twine.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i was a member at MX and a guy made a thread about going to war with UG. i followed the link and thought UG was better and never looked back
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
I liked MX. Pity it got closed down. I much preferred the way you looked for tabs. So much more organised...
I came here for tabs after mxtabs got closed, then decided to join the forms ( I used to think UG sucked compared to mx)
^No, your boyfriend showed you UG.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
I found this site when searching for tabs. Eventually I registered. I've been here since about '03 but didn't register till '06.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Searched for tabs, used it for maybe 6 months and then I noticed the forums, I became a member and started to hang around in the GN'R thread. Then I got tired of that thread and ended up here.
I started using the site for tabs a few years back, then I found the forums and spent some time browsing the pit. after a while I decided to register, and go into my first discussion in a thread titled "Satanism?" A few posts in I got a good comment from Felkara (who's posted here a bit further up) and I've been here since...

Like most of UG, I have no life.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Well, A long time ago, I went to a pshycologist, and he said that I'm too normal. yes, too normal. He pescribed me 1 hours of UG a day, no more, no less. I went slightly over that, now im an addict. Im actually in rehab at the moment and had to build a computer and modem out of leaves and twine.

that made me laugh so hard.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
my old girlfriends brother told me about it and here i am
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
I came here for tabs, but then Leaping Badger told me about the forums. Well, mostly the Pit really.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
I usually register on every site that I use daily, but I didn't use this forum till after a year.
Page 1 of 2