Hey,
Over the holidays (next week) I'm probably going to New York and was wondering if anyone could point out some good guitar shops there with the location details too please.

Thanks!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Somewhere around Rockefeller Center, maybe 47th or 48th Street, that whole block is just full of guitar shops, any guitar thing you're looking for. Just wander around and you'll find them. I can't really be specific because I'm not sure.

Or go where I go, the Guitar Center next door to Chuck E Cheese's.
depends where you going...i go to to the one on 14th street...or the samash on northern blv.....might be hard to find if you dont know your way round the city.....anyways, enjoy your visit
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Where in New York? New York City, the Capital Region, the Adirondacks, Buffalo/Niagara Falls?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
New York City sorry. And my dad knows the way, he lived there fore several years, I was born there! He told me about 47/8th street. Anyways thanks! Not sure I'll be buying anything though...

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
whatever you do, dont go to the chain stores! i know of a few nifty stores in the village and some in manhattan (times square area) but i dont actually know the names, i usually just come across them
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Do any of these shops sell speakers? I'm in the market for 2 12" guitar speakers and was thinking of Greenbacks or Vintage 30s (celestion).

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
!!! can i get advice in this thread too? am also going new york (manhattan) at some place caled the thirty thirty hotel, am looking to get a decent effects board. have no idea how much i'd have to pay... or where to go. i heard america has cheaper priced stuff so am hoping i can find something. any ideas guys? thank you
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.

Quote by absinthe5765
Someone woke up on the wrong side of his mother this morning.

i would say go to the one on 48 str or on northern Blvd in queens they got cool people that work there..