Someone offered me a Peavey 5150 with new JJ tubes for £600... i'm correct in thinking i'd be a retard to turn this down yes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
The person selling it to you for that price is the retard lol. Rip his arm off for it.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
The person selling it to you for that price is the retard lol. Rip his arm off for it.

Bear in mind thats about $1100
Settle at any stage, but always try to get more off Just make sure it works and it will achieve the tones you need- unless you're purely going to sell it on for it's real value
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
holy shit thats expensive, most peavey 5150's are around $800 CDN used over here so that would be about £350, plus new tubes around £400.

Sounds like a major rip off. Try to get him down to at least £450 OR £500

Maybe the value is different in England?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Mar 19, 2007,
I wouldnt pay 11-1200 USD for it in the US but in the UK they are way more expensive and 600 is a fairly good price. Try to knock a bit more off tho. Also, do you like the 5150 a lot?
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Why not a ENGL? Aren't they much cheaper in Europe?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'm just looking for a new amp because i've been using a SS 30Watt Marshall since i started on the electric and it's just not doing my guitars tone justice (Fender Contemporary Strat and a heavily modded Ibanez SA) The only thing that concerns me about it is the clean tones...
Quote:
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
don't get peavys they suck ****. i had one at one point and i traded it in for a crate. I've heard from numerous people that peavys suck. just think before you get it. Play anything before you buy it.
Quote by derangeddarknes
don't get peavys they suck ****. i had one at one point and i traded it in for a crate. I've heard from numerous people that peavys suck. just think before you get it. Play anything before you buy it.

you probably had a shit solid state, and which crate do you have
you can't judge a brand by one amp...the 5150 is amazing

and if you were to judge marshall by the mg's...that'd be the same thing you're doing now
Quote by Inahrima

Kirk: you know what would be hardcore?
James: what?
Kirk: metallica nail polish!
James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.
I've told him my max is £575 so we'll see how it turns out. I would go for the cheaper Marshall DSL 401 but this just seemed like a really good opportunity. Assuming i didn't get this though would it be worth investing in an old JCM 800 (I'm pretty sure that's the single channel model) and just running my Boss ME-50 through it?
Quote:

the best thing to run through a jcm 800 would be an overdrive, imo
Quote by Inahrima

Kirk: you know what would be hardcore?
James: what?
Kirk: metallica nail polish!
James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.
if he wont accept £575 then id give him the 600. Jcm 800's are great amps but the last thing you wanna do is put a bosd ME-50 through it.
I'm assuming that goes for the Peavey 5150 as well =P i only bought the ME-50 after all my gear got nicked and i needed a quick fix.
Quote: