im a senior in high school, and instead of having a senior trip this summer, i am going to get a really nice guitar. right now i am thinking about either a jackson rr5 or a gibson studio. any pros/cons about these two? any recomendations for something else? i have about $1500 to spend.

thanks
Answer the cats.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The Jackson is ok but as far as pure tone and sound go, the Les Paul's are the best by far IMO. Even the studio's are great. Jacksons are just a bit gay unless you get the high end USA model.
a rany rhoads model is cool if you're gonna just play metal. get the studio if you want flexibility
Signatures are overrated.
The rhoads has 24 frets and is only $200. You can just replace the pickups and have it sound just as good as the $1200 les paul Studio, and still have around 800 bucks in your pocket.
i play a lot of older metal and a little bit progressive....im playin throught a crate gt212 right now........i was thinking about getting a half stack but i cant take it with me to college so i decided on a new guitar instead.
a studio is your best choice at guitar center they are 999.99, the studio will offer alot more tonal flexibility, RR5s are awesome and not just for metal, but everyone needs a LP
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210