how do you use the tuner that comes with the Epiphone Les Paul Special ll player pack? its looks hard and how hard do you pluck the string so you can tune it?is the guitar already tuned by the factory or do you tune it when you get it?
I saw something on here that helped me.

Put the pick-up selector in the neck position. Turn the tone control knob to the least treble position. Pick at about the 12th fret. That gave me a much more stable indication on the tuner.
Just because you're paranoid
Doesn't mean they aren't watching you!
what does the pick up selector do?..wait i turn down the tune knob all the way down? and i tune all the strings on the 12 fret?
The pick-up selector selects the pick-up or combination of pick-ups being used. I believe on your guitar it may say Rhythm and Lead. Pick Rhythm. Turn tone all the way down. Plug the cord from the guitar output to the tuner input and pick the string at the 12 th fret.

Aren't there any manuals with the equipment?
so for example if your playing lead guitar..you switch to lead..and if your rhythm guitar you switch it to rhythm?or if not which sound is better when playing the guitar alone?
I passed my area of knowledge already! The following is probably wrong but I'll give it a try.

I think the terms Lead and Rhythm in this sense, switch markings, are somewhat arbitrary. With the switch up, Rhythm position (neck pick-up}, you get a different sound than in the Lead (Bridge pick-up), switch down, position. In the middle you get a combination of the 2. To me the Rhythm position is not quite as bright as the Lead postion. The Rhythm is a little more subdued. It's up to you what you play. Hard for me to explain since I don't know what I'm talking about.

Someone help with my explanation.