Hi, I have searched the forum but couldn't find what I needed so I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. Anyway, I'm hoping to get an Apple Mac soon, which comes with Garageband. I already own a Presonus Firebox which I am using on my PC. My question is, can I use the Firebox with Garageband? Also, will it work the way it does with Cubase on my PC?

Thanks in advance.
yes it pretty much will.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
its generally got a very good reputation. stealing a thread like this is looked down on btw, and asking a question like that is a waste of time. just google firepod reviews. chances are theyll be better than anything here. see if craig anderton reviewed it. hes a trusted source for pro gear reviews.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
How exactly did i steal the thread...he was talking about a firepod so why is it wrong to ask a simple question about it?

Also, i have searched reviews for the firepod many times and read most of them. I was looking for some sort of review from someone in the same position as i am, an amateur guitar player/drummer who is getting interested in recording...
Googling a firepod is not a good way to find out its worth, as most of the people who post reviews of it either A. are paid too, or B. love it, or hate it for various reasons. Often if they hate it is because they got a defective unit or are too stupid (no offense to them) to figure it out, or if they love it, it is because they don't really know what they are talking about and have never heard anything better. I mean heck, you can go on musiciansfriend and find people raving about their metalzone pedals - does that mean they are good - heck no!!!

Now to answer your question TS - that setup is a wonderful beggining setup. Garageband is exremely intuitive, and only requires you plug in the firepod and set to go. Highly recommended.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

thrice_removed. ... Now to answer your question TS - that setup is a wonderful beginning setup. Garageband is extremely intuitive, and only requires you plug in the firepod and set to go. Highly recommended.

I had essentially the same question about the Firebox. Now my question is did you mean “firepod” is a good set up or “firebox” is a good set up for working with Garage Band? I recently bought an M-Audio Firewire 410, and applications on my G5 started quitting and locking up. Then Apple upgraded from OS X 10.4.10 to OS X 10.4.11, and now the Firewire 410 won’t work. I called tech support, and they actually “chastised” me for upgrading my own system -- when they have not even upgraded the driver for their Firewire 410 since April, 2007, indeed! Then... a week ago my main backup HD suddenly crashed, and I lost ALL the data. I had heard the warnings about not hot-plugging it, and I can’t prove it, but now I strongly suspect the havoc wrecked to my G5 was caused by the Firewire 410. Anyway I'm not going to risk it again. I need a replacement, and the PreSonus Firebox looked about right for what I wanted (singing solo with my guitar, and adding a few effects from Garage Band). Is that what you are recommending here?
Both the Firebox and Firepod are good units.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.