hey i wasn't sure if this is the right section to post this...but i have an M-Audio Mobilepre USb port for my guitar, i was wondering if i could some how plug into guitar pro 5 and record rythms of chords and stuff becuase it's such a pain to tab that stuff out. if not, is there a program that can?
Well couldn't you record your guitar using your Mobile pre using some free software, export the track, and then import it into Guitar Pro?
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

I think you can only really import .midi files into Guitar Pro and have it do a good job of tabbing them. I don't think there is any software out there that can just take any recording and figure it all out too well. You could try recording a .wav file though. Might work.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
^Yeah that might work - I think there is some wav to midi file converter software out there, but I do not remember the name of it.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
^Yeah that might work - I think there is some wav to midi file converter software out there, but I do not remember the name of it.

Most note recognition software are terrible and if they work they need a very clean recording of an instrument that has fairly few overtones (since the program need to find the fundamental). So unless you have a MIDI-pickup equipped guitar that can transmit its converted signal to your computer you're stuck actually tabbing things one key stroke at a time.