I apologize in advance if this thread has already been posted, but I'm a little too impatient to go through 32 pages of threads....and the fact that alot of the stuff I already read led to shit. (2 or 3 guys bitching back and forth ["pantera sucks!" "nuh-uh, YOU suck!"])

so anyways, i heard that dime flipped his neck pickup around and he put electrical tape on the sides of the neck pickup. i was just wondering what the hell that does.
Member #11 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

brainwashing
I'm not sure if he flipped it, but the tape was to stop the strings from getting caught in coils when he dive-bombed
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
All I know is that the tape was to keep his strings from catching on the edge of his neck pup when he dive-bombed.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
the flip i assume was for a preferred sound. the tape was so the strings don't caught on the side of the pickups when he goes crazy on the floyd rose.
LSD

"Member #5 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join."
The tape doesn't change the tone much, it's like everybody else said, it just protects the pickup. The coils on on slug side of the pickup is brighter than the coil on pole side. Flipping it around so that the slugs are closer to the bridge will suposedly make the slug side even brighter and the pole side darker. I doubt it really makes much of a difference, but every little helps right? If you were to flip the bridge pickup around it would have the opposite effect. So I guess it just helps the neck pickup sound just a little bit more like the bridge.
Not taking any online orders.
Cord, just to clarify what you said, when you say "slug side" do you mean the "screw side"?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Nope, The slugs are the none adjustable side. The pole side, or screw side, is the the adjustable side.
Not taking any online orders.
he fliped his bridge pup the bill lourance L500XL his is the art from the website

In his early career as a musician, Dimebag used Dean ML guitars and Bill Lawrence L500XL pickups, which he would install in a reversed position to have the "hot" blade facing the neck. His main guitars were the Dean from Hell (an ml guitar customiser by Buddy Blaze, painted with a unique lightning bolt design and 'Floyd rosed' and a Braziliaburst ML. He used Dean guitars from 1983 - 1995. When Dean guitars went out of business he switched to Washburn. Dimebag used Washburn guitars from 1996 – 2004 endorsing various signature models such as the Dimebolt and the Stealth. His main guitars at this point where the dime 333, the stealth, and the culprit (a unique model designed by washburn which varied greatly from the ml's). Seymour Duncan manufactures a signature pickup co-designed by Dime, called the Dimebucker. Dimebag proudly endorsed Seymour Duncan, but continued to use Bill Lawrence pickups in most of his personal guitars. Several months before his death, Darrell ended his long relationship with Washburn guitars, and again became a Dean endorsee, coinciding with Dean Guitar founder Dean Zelinksy's return. Dean guitars built him a brand new signature guitar, called the Dime O' Flame, which he began using live. As a tribute to him, in 2005 Dean Guitars released the new Dime Tribute line of ML guitars. These guitars come in various models, ranging from lower end ones that have a stop tail piece, a bolt-on neck, Basswood Body, and lower quality pickups, to higher end models with Dimebuckers, a Floyd Rose bridge, and set neck construction. In his last few weeks with Dean Guitars, Dime help design a guitar he called the Razorback. After his death, Dean continued with the Razorback project and dedicated them to the memory of him. During the height of Dimebag's fame, he also worked together with MXR and Dunlop to produce the MXR Dime Distortion and the Dimebag "Crybaby from Hell" Wah respectively.

Dimebag's main rig included:

Randall RH100 heads and cabinets (1983 - 1991, 1996 - 1999)
Randall Century 200 heads and cabinets (1992 - 1995, 2000)
Randall Warhead heads and cabinets (2000 - 2004)
Randall X2 Warhead heads and cabinets (2004)
Krank Revolution heads and cabinets (late 2004)
Furman PQ4 parametric equalizer (1990 - 1995)
Furman PQ3 parametric equalizer (1996 - 2004)
MXR Six band graphic equalizer ('the blue one')
MXR flanger / doubler (1990 - 2004)
MXR DIME Distortion (2004)
Lexicon effect modules
Korg tuner
Rocktron Guitar silencer
Digitech Whammy pedal
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Crybaby From HELL

When Dime left Washburn a few weeks before his death, he also left Randall Amps. Dimebag had always swore by his solid-state Randall's through the years, but in late 2004 he switched to Krank amplifiers, which where purely tube driven. He planned to redefine his very own sound by developing the "Krankenstein". He used the MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive with the Krank amps.
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus