Hi. i just wanted to know what settings would give me a good fuzzy tone on my DS-2? i am planning on a big muff next year, maybe at the end of this year, so i need something that would give me a fuzzier tone until i get it. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
the fuzziest you can get out of the DS-2 is setting the Turbo mode to II and maxing the Tone and Distortion
Quote by Cjay4
the fuzziest you can get out of the DS-2 is setting the Turbo mode to II and maxing the Tone and Distortion
cool, thats what i use for my "fuzz" tone, a bit too much tone for me though.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
tweak it to your liking but the ultimate would be to buy a Big Muff, tis what I did and it should be with me tomorrow

also rhcp_freak what other pedals do you have, if ya don't mind me askin?
Quote by Cjay4
tweak it to your liking but the ultimate would be to buy a Big Muff, tis what I did and it should be with me tomorrow

also rhcp_freak what other pedals do you have, if ya don't mind me askin?

i only have a crybaby with the DS-2. i have around the enough money for a big muff, but im saving for a blues junior, then ill probably get a new guitar.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Cjay4
ooo someones gonna get some awesome frus tones

yeah might upgrade the wah next year too, but its alright for me, and pick up a chorus and maybe a phaser. i found a dunlop nylon in a music room today
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Mar 19, 2007,
lol in other news i found a dunlop nylon in a music room today

I would have bough a BJ if I had more money but I only had £200 and don't think I could afford maintenance. What wah are you upgrading to?
Quote by Cjay4
lol in other news i found a dunlop nylon in a music room today

I would have bough a BJ if I had more money but I only had £200 and don't think I could afford maintenance. What wah are you upgrading to?

maybe a vox or a cybaby 535Q. i might see what others there are too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
take a look at the v847A and from what I hear the the Dimebag Crybaby, that pretty good
cool, ill probably have to wait until the end of next year though, i have a lot of stuff to get before it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
lol, sorry, but the wah i have is good for now, ill only get rid of it when i get my strat, BJ and Big Muff, or if the wah breaks somehow.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Buy the Big Muff now.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Buy the Big Muff now.

Are you sure? I need the money ive got so far is for the Blues Junior. i suppose i could get the Big Muff now, because i have just the right amount of money, and i get a decent clean tone out of my Squier SP-10, which is suprising.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Mar 24, 2007,
so should i upgrade the amp first or buy the muff? also, what big muff would suit RHCP, Hendrix, Wolfmother and Clapton, the Russian or the American? thanks in advance.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
so should i upgrade the amp first or buy the muff? also, what big muff would suit RHCP, Hendrix, Wolfmother and Clapton, the Russian or the American? thanks in advance.

well, as I think I mentioned somewhere else...

I read in a magazine that the guitarist of wolfmother used an american big muff on their first ep...
Quote by matt bickerton
well, as I think I mentioned somewhere else...

I read in a magazine that the guitarist of wolfmother used an american big muff on their first ep...

cool, i heard that Clapton used an MIA Big MUff (i think) and Frusciante used a Russian on Californication, but an American for By The Way upwards.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
I thought Frus used a graphic fuzz?

First buy the muff, then an amp, then a new guitar (unless you're happy with your sp-10, that is)
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Get the BJ first,

get a decent guitar (which you have done), then a good amp then pedals. I almost bough pedals first but im happy that I didn't
Alright, now im confused.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
I think i should get the amp, then the Muff, then the new guitar.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Cjay4
depends what guitar are you looking at? and what do you currently have?

well i have a squier strat, a stagg v, which i got for free, a squier SP-10 amp, a boss DS-2 and a crybaby. im set on getting the amp first.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
yes make sure you get the amp first, then effects and guitar if you think it necessary but I quite satisfied with my squire strat bearing in in mind I got it for £40, also before you start muffing test it to see if it is for you as many people get it and only because the wanna be like frus but then find they want a fuzz face.
Quote by Cjay4
yes make sure you get the amp first, then effects and guitar if you think it necessary but I quite satisfied with my squire strat bearing in in mind I got it for £40, also before you start muffing test it to see if it is for you as many people get it and only because the wanna be like frus but then find they want a fuzz face.

yeah, if im lucky, one day someone'll take me up to London, or i'll find my oyster card somewhere, and ill go try some out. if i cant, then ill listen to soundclips and order whatever i prefer. ill order from a place where i can send it back, just in case i dont like it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
cool, where do you live about?
I take it you will take a trek down to Denmark Street
Quote by Cjay4
cool, where do you live about?
I take it you will take a trek down to Denmark Street

I live in Hounslow East.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
have a look at Digital Village/DV24 7 the have great prices and there a branch in Ealing which is not too far from you.
Quote by Cjay4
have a look at Digital Village/DV24 7 the have great prices and there a branch in Ealing which is not too far from you.

cool thanks, ill check that out right away.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
i just had a look in the stores bit, but i cant find one thats in ealing. does anyone know any other shops that are close to where i live?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Cjay4
whoops sorry I meant Acton which is only a few miles from you

lol, yeah i saw an acton one. might see if i can pop down there one day. if not, then ill go for a long walk (and probably end up getting lost) to Denmark Street
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
lol
make sure you give them a ring before you go so if they don't have want you want they can get it ready for you.
Quote by Cjay4
lol
make sure you give them a ring before you go so if they don't have want you want they can get it ready for you.

cool, i will try to go to a shop, i really doubt it though, but ill try my best.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild