depends a lot on what you're used to

shred is all about coordination, and the only way to be so coordinated as to "shred" is to go with what you are most used to. If you build up your speed on a thin pick, and star shredding with that, then switch to a heavy, you aren't going to be able to shred too easily for a while. it also has a lot to do with wrist strength. If you've got a weaker wrist, thins are probably better.
Quote by burningcowsrule
...even if you made and Adolf Hitler appreciation thread you wouldnt get flamed half as much as youre about to

-Responding to a BJ Armstrong thread
Quote by SGRocker0791

Atreyu is Hardcore.

Quote by Sargasm

Fans of hardcore probably wouldn't appreciate you saying that
heavy
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Dunlop Jazz III. Seriously.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Dunlop .60's are on the thinside of medium... go out and buy a whole bunch of picks and try them all.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
dunlop 1mm or .88
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
i like gator grip 1.14mm oicks (the blue kind)...and im a small kid so i need medu=ium picks
also i think having a thicker pick givers you more control
Quote by 20sacksam
Dunlop Jazz III. Seriously.

+1 =)
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.

LoL!
It's essentially a proven fact that Dunlop Jazz III's are the best pick for accuracy and speed. Almost all of the top name professional virtuosos use them, I use them, anyone who makes this style of play their focus should use them. They are the perfect pick.
I Shred Using Only Shards Of Ancient Aztec Warriors' Skulls, Dipped In The Blood Of Twelve Beautiful Virgins
a thicker medium pick is good, ive used thins and had 6 snap in a week but 3 mms are just so damn thick that it flies outta ur hand if u start tremelo picking and dont have a majorly tight grip, usually between a.88 and a 1.2 is best because is stiff enough to tremelo pick easily but thin enough to sweep pick without to much trouble
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Quote by chase09
It's essentially a proven fact that Dunlop Jazz III's are the best pick for accuracy and speed. Almost all of the top name professional virtuosos use them, I use them, anyone who makes this style of play their focus should use them. They are the perfect pick.

Not saying the Jazz III isn't a great pick (though I don't use it personally), this:

It's essentially a proven fact that Dunlop Jazz III's are the best pick for accuracy and speed. Almost all of the top name professional virtuosos use them
is bullshit.

Anyway, I don't like the sound you get with Jazz III's and they're way too small for me. Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm for me.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I use some random white pick i got from a local music store... its white.. and it says "cool" on it...

.8 mm
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Fender mediums...

Gypsy Jazz picks are ridiculous for lead work, because gypsy jazz tends to have said ridiculous lead work.

sup kurrpt

this server fail thing is getting annoying eh
I use Jazz III. I find they're good for shred, and, erm, jazz. You can get Jazz III XL which is bigger if you find them too small, which quite alot of people do, i've read some people find it hard to strum with the smaller ones (i don't personally) but hey, in the end it's what you prefer, though i recommend a heavier pick rather than a lighter one for shredding.
I bet the answer lies in the shred forum.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.