Remind yourself that at least 85% of the people watching couldn't do what you do.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I drink alot and ignore the videos and comments after the show
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Go out into the street and busk. That'll get you experience outwith the school.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Just have fun man. Rock out!
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Just think positive, you're going to regret it later if you take the show too seriously. Just relax, have fun, and play! If you really need them, you could wear wristbands around your palms to absorb the sweat from your hands (to help you play). Trust me, when you're done playing, you'll be wondering what you got all nervous about in the first place.
Yeah, don't feel like you are trapped in the headlights, just have fun. Move around the stage a little (when you aren't singing obviously) it's casual. Best of luck.
NOPE.
Quote by Nielsyboy
OKe ... so im goin to play a song together with my mate ... at school ( sum talent show or sumin i dont really know) ... and i know that im gona be all red from embarassment when im standing on the stage ... and im gona be like sweaty and shit ...
and i KNOW im gona sing like shit when im nervous

so what do u do against that??

Do not worry. 95 percent (or 99 percent... I do not remember) of things you worry about do not happen.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
Quote by Nielsyboy
OKe ... so im goin to play a song together with my mate ... at school ( sum talent show or sumin i dont really know) ... and i know that im gona be all red from embarassment when im standing on the stage ... and im gona be like sweaty and shit ...
and i KNOW im gona sing like shit when im nervous

so what do u do against that??

just be confident and go up there. the only way to get over this is practice i'm afraid :-). i once played my guitar in front of my class (~25 ppl) and got so red, but when i played for 750 ppl just a few weeks ago i didn't even get nervous :-P its all practice
Ltd EC-400
Ibanez GRX40
Yamaha FD02
M-Audio Black Box
Marshall MG15CDR
Just get pissed.
And if you hear someone laugh or make a derogatory comment, go down and smash a chair over their head. That'll show people you mean business.
I find the more people you're playing with, the less nervous you get. 2 is okay though, really. Unless your school is comprised of cock-guzzling faggots, you'll be fine. I'm assuming you're high up on the social chain. That's useful too.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
dude, just do some drugs. Cause then, you don't worry, and you feel great on top of that.

I recommend mixing cocaine and heroin (this is called a speedball, for you kids out there). It makes you feel both energized and mellow at the same time. It's incredible.

And if you can't find any heroin or cocaine (which shouldn't be too hard, but you never know), just do some marijuana. It's realy great, and easy to get.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
dude, just do some drugs. Cause then, you don't worry, and you feel great on top of that.

I recommend mixing cocaine and heroin (this is called a speedball, for you kids out there). It makes you feel both energized and mellow at the same time. It's incredible.

And if you can't find any heroin or cocaine (which shouldn't be too hard, but you never know), just do some marijuana. It's realy great, and easy to get.

Bourbon & coke, man, bourbon & coke.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by Tsunoyukami
So far, I've never had a problem with playing in front of people...I think Im totally unreactive to attention.

I don't get nervous or excited or any emotional satisfaction or adrenaline rush or anything. O.o

It's because you are a heartless monster
NOPE.
Love the advice in here, rofl.

Just take a deep breath, and relax. If you've practiced enough, you'll do fine.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Stop putting so much pressure on it. You have to be able to laugh at yourself.
It's just a school thing. The fact that you can play guitar at all will impress most people there. And even more so that you have the balls to get on a stage and perform.

Don't sweat it. Just have fun with it.

And if you're too stupid to do that, get a little high prior.
Spiral Out
Go up there with your mate, and just go freakin crazy as you play, crowd surfing, throwing your guitar over your shoulder, flips, the works. It totally works everytime for me.

Nah dude, just chill and have fun. If you get red and get sweaty so what, as long as you perform decently people will enjoy it.
Don't think about it. It will work but only if you convince yourself you don't give a shit.
Haha, I'm also playing for the first time with my friend, tomorrow, in front of my class.
Anyways, I can't help you. sorry.

I wish you as much luck as possible, and have fun
Lacking confidence, eh? Just remember that you were the fastest sperm to the egg.
And have fun.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Just have a good time, move around, and most importantly, KEEP GOING, even if you screw up. What is it you're doing for the talent show?
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
just remember a time that you were playing and you weren't nervous and it was just fun, like when you play with ur friends and you're all just laughing and hanging out, no pressur, and then just pretend that this isn't serious. It's just one show, and don't even think about messing up or it'll jinx you, the secret is to just not think, or to think about just having fun. act like your high or hyper , or stupid, then ppl will not take you seriously and you won't have so much pressur. hope dat helps
Quote by charvel_man
It's because you are a heartless monster

Thanks a lot...

Well also, remember that a lot of people (at my school at least) are easily impressed, especially if they don't play guitar. I was sitting in a stairwell during lunch playing one day, and made a dollar for playing for about 10 minutes.

Really, just don't get too cocky, warm up before playing, and make sure you guys are in tune. There's nothing to really worry about if you know what you're playing/singing well. Unless everyone is an ass, they shouldn't actually make-fun of you for screwing up a line...

and if they do, own them by playing some famous song that is incredibly simple.
Well yeah, this is the dude nielsyboy played the song with.. and we played it this evening. We were like hmm yeah this is gunna suck :P but we started and half way into the song, the entire crowd went bonkers and we were like w000t yehz :P
shows at school are really good for enhancing your live skillz, caus if someone laughs you can just kick the sh*t out of him/her caus you prolly now that person :P

oh yeah btw the song we played was sink florida sink by against me!, we just put in some other chords and a solo, but it sounded awesome!

Nice to hear it went well!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
to be honest, i was nervous for a while, until i saw a video of what it looked like from the audience. the PA system was so crappy that the vocals were unintelligable. as long as the guitars sound good, the amps mixed with the drums will drown out your pa, assuming you pplay metal that is. if your acoustic...your gunna need to just do your best. thats all that can be asked of you.

Edit: i was too late. o well, there are some tips for next time/other people in the same situation. glad to hear it went well.
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD