i have a v-ampire. in my own opinion its great but i havent played many other modelling amps. its amazing value for money though so it would probably be the best if you are on a budget.
id recomend a line 6 spider, or a cube over the vamp, though IMO i think LINE 6 is the leading company in modeling amps,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by ark
id recomend a line 6 spider, or a cube over the vamp, though IMO i think LINE 6 is the leading company in modeling amps,
I bet u get a lot of sh*t from people for liking spiders
Behringer makes good replications of other people's stuff... that's borderline unreliable.

Their pedals are right up there with boss pedals, but they come with plastic casings, instead of metal... for example...

I've never had a problem with behringer amps, but i've never used one with digital effects either...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
IMO behringer is better than line 6. Today i compared my Behringer GMX212 w/ my dads line 6 spider 2 and the Behringer had WAY better tone especially for cleans. If you want all out balls in face distortion then go w/ the line 6 cuz it has the insane setting which sounds like bees on acid but the behringer does have better tone. If u want i can upload some sound clips of both and let you compare but i suggest you try both of em out.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Yeah the V stuff is better then the Line6 but honestly id steer clear... Unless you're looking for recording options like the V-amp Pro which is great and a cheaper alternate to a POD
The V-amp pro is not bad at all coupled with a good tube power amp. And the fact that you can plug your headphones in and jam all night is pretty cool to..I suppose the V-ampire is not quite as good but still you should be able to get some pretty good sounds out of it..
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
imo, the main problem with behringer amps is their reliability, not their tone.

ive got some other behringer products and they are fine for the price.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by timo1
I bet u get a lot of sh*t from people for liking spiders

meh, i said line 6 spiders are a lot better than behringer vamps. I didnt say spiders were top of the line modelling amps, i said LINE 6 was leading the modelling amp market...ever tried somethign other than a spider? anyway, i put more trust into a company that thrives on their digital technology, over a cheap unreliable brand. Line 6 must be doing something right?
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Last edited by ark at Mar 20, 2007,
yeah they are. Get a sansamp!
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
and behringer has a copy of Tech21 Sansamp GT2, the GDI 21!
The sound isnt up to par with the real thing, but for the price, i guess its alright
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
and behringer has a copy of Tech21 Sansamp GT2, the GDI 21!
The sound isnt up to par with the real thing, but for the price, i guess its alright

Bought one three days ago. Gigged last last night and last night. It sounded bad last last night and broke onstage last night.
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Well are all Behringer products that unreliable? How about the V-tone GMX 212? and how bad is the quality anyway, I tend to take care of my stuff very well, and the behringer do seem to be the best bang for your buck.
i like thier mixers and preamps, but like i said. their amps dont have the best record.

we get alot of "problem" threads for behringer. also they used to have fire issues on some of the older models.
google behringer and catching fire. something like that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'd wait till after the frankfurt show if your after a moddler. Lets just say, Vox could well be bringing out a new moddler. They are stopping the Blue front (the flagship ADVT's) but the Chrome fronts will still be for sale. That gives a large hint that they will be brining out something new and very special.

Back ontopic. Anyone got soundclips of the V-amp pro? looks like a great thing to start getting into Racks and that kinda thing.

PSN ID: ArranP
Last edited by apmaman at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by ark
meh, i said line 6 spiders are a lot better than behringer vamps. I didnt say spiders were top of the line modelling amps, i said LINE 6 was leading the modelling amp market...ever tried somethign other than a spider? anyway, i put more trust into a company that thrives on their digital technology, over a cheap unreliable brand. Line 6 must be doing something right?

oh, i thought u meant like they were the ebest moddeling amps or something
Quote by ntchode
Well are all Behringer products that unreliable? How about the V-tone GMX 212? and how bad is the quality anyway, I tend to take care of my stuff very well, and the behringer do seem to be the best bang for your buck.

Ive had the GMX212 and had NO problems with it AT ALL. I move it about 3 times week (practice and church) and ive never had any problems with it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.