Page 1 of 2
Self explanatory thread, I think.

I want pictures of the weirdest basses you guys have ever seen, whether they be Conklins, Foderas, or w/e. Whether they have a disturbingly large amount of strings or small amount of strings, dozens of knobs, no knobs, 9 pickups or 1 pickup, 1 neck or 4 necks, awesome paintjob, vomit-inducing paintjob, etc, etc. I dont mind guitars either as long as they're unique and odd, like that fretless guitar I saw on here a while back...

I just want some ammunition for my friend who thinks that 6 string basses are weird. I'm not aiming to prove him wrong in any way or rub anything in his face I just want to show him some really peculiar creations.

So post away!
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."

Not exactly a bass, but it's a stringed instrument in the same range.

And just as awesome.
By strange, do you mean toilet lid strange?

signature
Last edited by Bullet-Rule at Mar 19, 2007,
^x2 isnt that a chapman stick?

^x1 sure!

<EDIT> that toilet lid bass is awesome!
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Try bunnybass.com; there's some weird stuff there. My favorite is the watermelon bass.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Chimpy101
That two string bass is ****ing odd! How would you play that?? The outside would get in the way!

I read the guys page and apparently he hates bassists the use more than just the lowest 2 strings because they are "unnecessary" . I think that bass is pretty unnecessary if you ask me.

Man, this is the strangest bass I've ever seen. It's so small, has a hole in it, and has 6 strings. WTF?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by kmbuchamushroom
I read the guys page and apparently he hates bassists the use more than just the lowest 2 strings because they are "unnecessary" . I think that bass is pretty unnecessary if you ask me.

you must have some fun pissing everyone off. bass is awesomeriffic.
Quote by bendystraw

He didn't mean that bass is pointless, but that THAT bass is pointless. As in that he thinks the bass with two strings is pointless, not basses in general

I phrased that badly
Quote by bendystraw

Are you stupid? Reread his post several more times and try to figure out where you went wrong
(I don't know why I put this smiley here I just love it because it is truly disturbing and hilarious in a sexual harrassmenty sort of way)
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by thefitz

Man, this is the strangest bass I've ever seen. It's so small, has a hole in it, and has 6 strings. WTF?

Quote by XeNoCiDe730
^x2 isnt that a chapman stick?
Yep.

I want one.
You may have herd of a 12 string Bass, but ahow about a 15 string Bass?

Or if that is not enough, how about a 12 stringer with its own internal mixer?

http://www.12stringbass.com/quadbass.htm

Oh, and if a 12 string Bass sounds sexy to you, you can buy one! Fo shizzle!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hamer-CH12-Chaparral-12String-Bass?sku=516264

(more on the 12 string Bass http://www.12stringbass.com )

And now, for your own personal upright Bass for under 200$

Yes you can build this ****er!
http://www.ehhs.cmich.edu/~dhavlena/db.htm

And here we have one of the friggen largest necks. ever...

Also, one more!

http://www.krappyguitars.com/punkbass.html

http://www.krappyguitars.com/touchstyle.html
Both made by the same krappy fools!
http://www.krappyguitars.com/

And one more! An authentic 3 string Bass!

http://www.bwbass.com/three-string-bass/
Last edited by Fast_Bear at Mar 19, 2007,
Quote by bendystraw

Beast and Chimpy are right. You missed the emphasis of my sentence on that specific two string bass, not the instrument bass guitar in general.

Quote by Fast_Bear
You may have herd of a 12 string Bass, but ahow about a 15 string Bass?

Who needs 15 when you can have 18?

=P
^All I could think of when I saw that is the small guy saying "mine is bigger"

It must take forever to tune these thingss. It would suck if you're about to go on stage then *whoops* out of tune.
You "'Hold on guys, I only have to tune 20 more strings"
Bandmates "GTFO"
OK, i know it isn't a bass but i like it anyways and it's kinda an appropriate thread you know.
Quote by the dave
hahahahahahaha I laughed so hard I shat a little

I really don't see the point in anything more than a 5 string bass. If you want to play melodies just buy a damn guitar!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
I really don't see the point in anything more than a 5 string bass. If you want to play melodies just buy a damn guitar!
Yeah! Pounding endless 8th notes is the way to go!
Quote by maXterbat0r
Yeah! Pounding endless 8th notes is the way to go!

Tell that to Geddy Lee!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales

What about the D and G strings?

Plus, super deep tunings? You can get a 6 string bass and restring it to be tuned C# F# B E A D

That, and melody sounds cooler on a Bass in my opinion.
I'm not saying that playing melodies is a bad thing on a bass. Just that I've seen videos of people with stupidly big 20 string basses and they just play guitar riffs on it. A bass should be played like a bass!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
I'm not saying that playing melodies is a bad thing on a bass. Just that I've seen videos of people with stupidly big 20 string basses and they just play guitar riffs on it. A bass should be played like a bass!
Really, now? Can you link me to one of them?
Quote by Cecil Gonzales

A bass should be played like its owner intends. Just because you have no desire to play it that way doesn't make it wrong at all.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by Random_Bassist

That even shits on the wangcaster You'd look pretty odd playing that bass huh
Quote by the dave
hahahahahahaha I laughed so hard I shat a little

Quote by Milit
That even shits on the wangcaster You'd look pretty odd playing that bass huh

It would look like your licking it while your playing.
thats not a 20 string bass.

and thats not a guitar riff, thats a synth riff.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I didn't mean that literally! My point was that it had lots of extra strings and he wasn't actually playing a bassline. If you want to play a keyboard get a damn keyboard.
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
I didn't mean that literally! My point was that it had lots of extra strings and he wasn't actually playing a bassline. If you want to play a keyboard get a damn keyboard.

Ironically your user says "Shred Banjo of Death!". If you want to play shred, get a Jackson guitar

Wankers
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Page 1 of 2