View poll results: 28 Hour day...
Good
37 31%
Bad
80 68%
Voters: 118.
Page 1 of 2
The 28 Hour Day

I personally love the idea, besides the fact that it could kill you. I don't feel like explaining why, but if you are curious just look it up. So what do you think? Good or Bad?

Other than the fact that it could kill you I would definitely go by this day instead of the current 24 hour day.

EDIT: Before you comment on the Earh's rotation read the article. Please...
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Last edited by lobster624 at Mar 19, 2007,
I see some holes in the 28 hour day plan. For example, you don't get "more time to do things". Maybe more time in one day, but really... physically it won't show.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
how can it kill you?

id support it as long as that means 4 days of school instead of 5
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
how can it kill you?

id support it as long as that means 4 days of school instead of 5

i'm not going to explain it, but it has something to do with your body clock. i don't remember if it could kill you or just seriously mess you up. Kill sounds so much better though.
Quote by sashki
How do they plan to slow down the planet's rotation? Ghey idea. I'm used to time the way it is.

you didn't even read it.
but that wont stop the sun from riseing every 24 hours
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Is this the weird giving yourself 5 hours of sleep max or some shit?

It was on BBC Breakfast news a while ago and apprently it ****s you up.
Quote by *Spoonman*
but that wont stop the sun from riseing every 24 hours

if you actually spent a little time to read the article you would realize that is not an issue.
thats ****ing retarded. It will be dark in all the wrong places. Are they going to slow the earth down??
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
considering the length of the day is based on how long it takes for the earth to spin on it's axis, i'm not so sure that wold work.
That's a terrible idea. Besides the fact it could kill you, which it could, you wouldn't actually gain anything from it. You could say that the entire week is now called "wednesday" and call it one day. Do you get more time to do stuff? No, instead of something being due at the end of the week, it'd be due at the end of the "day".

If you used this "extra" time to sleep longer, you would actually be losing time to do the things you want to do.

ALSO: Our biological clocks are not meant to work on this schedule. Have you ever tried to work a night shift? Kinda hard, isn't it? Even people who have built an entire career around night shifts still find it difficult, because we are not nocturnal people. Our bodies make it impossible to ignore the seven-day cycle.

Go ahead, try it. See what happens.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Last edited by Xerothunder at Mar 19, 2007,
Lame. You wouldn't actually get more time to do anything because you'd lose a day.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
doesn't that mean one day each week would be during the night, or dark, because supposedly that would be day

I can't sleep in light anyway
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by sashki
How do they plan to slow down the planet's rotation? Ghey idea. I'm used to time the way it is.

Exactly. We would be off in time with the whole solar system.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
Quote by lobster624
if you actually spent a little time to read the article you would realize that is not an issue.

yeah but even when the sun comes up in the morning then technically it would still be the previous day for 4 hours
that would confuse things
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Yea that seems pretty stupid, you wouldn't be gaining time, you'd just be interpreting time in a different level of measurement.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

i don't like it...it would screw everything up, or atleast to me. and if they made it only 4 days of school it would make the school day even longer and i can barely stand 7-8 hours of school for one day. and plus, 24 hours 7 days a week has been around a very long time, it should stay like that...that's just my opinion.
why change from the 24 hour day? its fine

they would have to change so many things that are based the 24 hour day schedule

everything would be all ****ed up
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Kill You?!?! Talk to a farmer, or trucker, or any job that goes beyond ordinary hours. It could kill you just about as fast as a cold. Unless there are some factors that i dont see, please elaborate.
If you didn't like my post, you can kiss my ass (andy)
Every day is different. Since waking and sleeping is not synchronized to light and dark, each day of the week has its own unique character. This will aid your memory in distinguishing one day from another.

I'm sold!
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by NovemberRain273
Yea that seems pretty stupid, you wouldn't be gaining time, you'd just be interpreting time in a different level of measurement.

+666
signature
Quote by GreenDayChris
I'm sold!

Yay! Another supporter! Join me and we can change the way the whole world operates!
Quote by Callisto2191
Kill You?!?! Talk to a farmer, or trucker, or any job that goes beyond ordinary hours. It could kill you just about as fast as a cold. Unless there are some factors that i dont see, please elaborate.

Read my post.

And to the guy above me... sorry to tell you, but that's an outright lie. We ARE built on sleeping when it's dark... we aren't like a battery that just runs out of juice and recharges whenever we feel like it.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
I'm all for removing Sunday's from the week. When does this thing start?
its been tried before and it failed.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by lobster624
Yay! Another supporter! Join me and we can change the way the whole world operates!

Lol @ the internet failing at sarcasm.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by Xerothunder
Read my post.

And to the guy above me... sorry to tell you, but that's an outright lie. We ARE built on sleeping when it's dark... we aren't like a battery that just runs out of juice and recharges whenever we feel like it.

Well, think of it another way, what if when humans first came around, we didn't run on a 24/7 equivalent clock? Maybe over time we've trained our bodies to run on that sort of clock?

Either way, there is no point to it, companies would make work shifts longer, school would be longer...plus our brains start getting exhausted after ~7 hours of work in a day.

EDIT: We should have a 4 hour day! It would be seperated into Sleep, Morning, Afternoon, Night...

Oh yeah, about the 28 hour day, some people have learned to tell time from the sun, how do you do that when the days all screwed up?
it might be interesting to try for a week or so...
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
I don't like the part where the days aren't synchronized with the light/dark. That would throw me off too much.

Other than that, it seems pretty cool.
Spiral Out
Waking up with the sun in different spots will seriously mess up your biological clock. Sure, you can distinguish between days but good luck sleeping.

How messed up are you during daylight savings for the first 2 or 3 days? Imagine that all the time.
Quote by Inimical
Waking up with the sun in different spots will seriously mess up your biological clock. Sure, you can distinguish between days but good luck sleeping.

How messed up are you during daylight savings for the first 2 or 3 days? Imagine that all the time.

I said besides that
It's an idea...but dumb IMO. We are all too adapted to a 24 hour day.
Page 1 of 2