I'm not a Green Day fan what so ever, but they do have many cool progressions and so I wrote a solo meant to be an outro for their song "When I Come Around".

Here

I'm told I use to much vibrato. it's something I have to work on I guess.
Last edited by Spamwise at Mar 19, 2007,
First things first, good job!

Was this improvised or did you plan it? It's very creative

I think the vibrato on that note towards the end (12th fret G-string by any chance?) was a little much, but thats not to say you shouldn't do it. Perhaps you could work on a wide, but slower vibrato, because the speed at which you did it made it sound like a weak sort of note. Vibrato like that I usually apply on the last note of very fast lick. Anyway, slower vibrato will make the note seem more stable, and will make it feel like it can last longer

Have an experiment with it.

The licks towards the beginning were executed in a very smooth and professional manner, but I would beef up the tone with more mids and less treble perhaps.

Please would you be so good as to rate my song, link provided below

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548391

Keep rocking dude!
Thank you! I wrote it up the other night, but i just started working on it today.

Sure i'll check it out.
Also, one more question, how is my phrasing in the song? That's something I try to concentrate on when I write solos.
great stuff here dude.. remember me? i suggested for you to use your mid pickup or to lower the volume of your guitar when clean on your blues song. i see you took my advice. better tone man.. keep it up.. phrasing is good. but towards the end it gets boring. you just repeat the lick your playing .. maybe continue your phrasing then fade out.. much better IMO..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Yeah I did, and it definitly sounds better. I know it is kinda boring, but I think it'd sound good with a band just fading out. I started to fade out a little early though I think, so that kinda screwed that up. Thank you!
Quote by Spamwise
Yeah I did, and it definitly sounds better. I know it is kinda boring, but I think it'd sound good with a band just fading out. I started to fade out a little early though I think, so that kinda screwed that up. Thank you!

yeah probably sounds nice when live.. your welcome dude..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots