anyone tried it yet? how does it feel like?

cuz i play electric, but i also have an acoustic, i can't bear with the string tension of my acoustic when i play it. so i was thinking maybe i can use some electric strings.
peanuts and beers
Last edited by Infatuation at Mar 20, 2007,
yeah although ernie ball slinkies can be used on both and sound great on acoustic
GEAR
PRS Custom 24
Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
Yeah, my bro does that, it's alot easier to play but it just doesn't have the really nice acoustic sound.
As long as it's not a spanish classical acoustic, and has a truss rod it's fine but never do this to a guitar without a truss rod as it can warp the neck and even cause it to snap.
^-- electric strings generally exert less pressure on the neck than acoustic strings... not more pressure.

anyway... yeah it's not going to sound the greatest if you put electric strings on your acoustic. it'll be easier to play, but that's a pretty crappy way around learning to play your acoustic.
Quote by jimtaka
^-- electric strings generally exert less pressure on the neck than acoustic strings... not more pressure.

anyway... yeah it's not going to sound the greatest if you put electric strings on your acoustic. it'll be easier to play, but that's a pretty crappy way around learning to play your acoustic.

When you say acoustic strings are you talking about steel strings or nylon strings? If nylon, i didn't know that lol. And if you are indeed talking of steel strings for acoustic, i was on about nylon strings, which i assume exert less pressure than the electric strings, however i am probably wrong lol
yeah. acoustic strings sound WAY better.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
I use a set of acoustic .10-.47, and it FEELS like an electric, but SOUNDS like an acoustic.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by last_biscuit
When you say acoustic strings are you talking about steel strings or nylon strings? If nylon, i didn't know that lol. And if you are indeed talking of steel strings for acoustic, i was on about nylon strings, which i assume exert less pressure than the electric strings, however i am probably wrong lol

my bad, i should've clarified... i was talking about steel strings.
Quote by jimtaka
my bad, i should've clarified... i was talking about steel strings.

Lol no worries, i thought i'd been wrong all this time about nylon strings being softer.
i use .13s and even though it's kind of hard to bend alot it has a nice rich sound.
Quote by Will_Minus
I use a set of acoustic .10-.47, and it FEELS like an electric, but SOUNDS like an acoustic.

That's certainly a comrpomise...personally though, I feel like anything less than .11s and you'll begin to compromise tone too much. There just isn't enough tension in the strings to drive the soundboard.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
i did that on some piece of shit guitar, the string cut into the bridge and the nut.

also it sounds soooooooooooooo bad, dont do it man.