I got back from guitar Center yesterday, and after playing a C-1 Hellraiser (It sounded GREAT, idk if it was the pups or the wood) but it blew me away. From the looks of it, It had a pair of EMG 81/85 on a Mahogany body with maple flamed top. Now, if I went out and bought a C-1 FR, would i be able to get that sound again? I understand te Seymours they have in there are pretty good, but without the EMGs and the maple top I'm afraid i might as well just save up my money.

What do you think?
The Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Roland Cube 30x
You should be fine without the maple top, it is after all just a top. The body wood is far more important. As for the sound, it was probably the combination of the EMGs and the Mahogany that you liked, so all you'd need to do is get some EMGs in there and you'd be away.
Quote by Tom Martin
You should be fine without the maple top, it is after all just a top. The body wood is far more important. As for the sound, it was probably the combination of the EMGs and the Mahogany that you liked, so all you'd need to do is get some EMGs in there and you'd be away.

Good to hear. I really don't have an extra 300 laying around lol

Thanks for the input.
The Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Roland Cube 30x