I just learned the Intro to Little Wing so let me know what you think of it. I know the tone isn't great but lemme know about the playing. Thanks!

http://jayb.dmusic.com
|
Last edited by Jamingguitarist at Mar 19, 2007,
Never put down 'crappy cover' or something in your title!
I'm sorry I can't take a listen now since I'm using my parents crappy computer, but I will check it out tomorrow!

Just had to say it.
Lol, well idk i just learned it so it's not great, just for me i think i need to get it a little more fluid.

But Nvm that i wanna hear what YOU think!
|
Ah, I remember your previous Little Wing. Glad to see you took my advice about feeling. Those little things made it much better. I liked it a lot.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Haha, yeah but people won't bother to hear it since you aleady told them it was crappy , but nevertheless I'm sure you'll get comments.

And I'll get back to this tomorrow!
Yeah..how is that crappy? That was really good, or at least I think so. That song is tough.
Quote by Cizzie
Haha, yeah but people won't bother to hear it since you aleady told them it was crappy , but nevertheless I'm sure you'll get comments.

And I'll get back to this tomorrow!

Hey Sonic lover listened to and and said he liked it alot lol.

Hmmm... Maybe it isn't that crappy ??
|
I thought the song was very good actually, well done! the tone wasn't all that bad either to be fair.

But feedback on ur playing is what u asked for, so that's what ill give

Like i said, the song was very good, however there are a few things (small things) u could work on

The fluidity and 'feel' of the song was slightly lacking i thought. Perhaps a little more sustain and vibrato could help this. They would sort of join the licks together such that the song is "as one". Perhpas play a little more dynamically (i.e. louder in some parts, quieter in some parts)

Still very good tho.

Would you be so good as to rate my song? Link below

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548391

Cheers
i've not listened to your song yet but every time i hear someone talking about little wing i always think about sting's version and hiram bullock's solo on that. it's beautiful they way he jazzed it up but also stays true to the feeling of the song. i'll check yours out after i listen to some other things lol there's a queue

ok i listened to it and i have to say it's amazing. you're only 15 too??? you're very talented. you have excellent rythmn it really is similar to jimi's it's almost the same! more importantly though you evoke the magical feeling of the song. i understand it when someone said maybe there are little bits you could develop but as he said it's a mute point because the beauty of the song is intact how did you learn to play that well in 2 years? you on drugs?

just listened to your covers of chillis and knocking on heaven's door. it's total class. without patronising you i think you're going to be a pretty special guitar player. lol cause you already are! if you're really 15 then you are mature way beyond your years
Last edited by Campestral at Mar 20, 2007,
Sounded very very good!
Very relaxing and stuff, just like the original.

Now go off and learn the rest
That wasn't bad at all It had a good tone and it was played quite well. The tempo seemed a little slow but I think its just me. I'd like to hear you record the whole song.
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Tokai Love Rock
Ibanez Jetking
Fender Deville 4x10
Boss me-50
Boss Hm3
Ibanez TS9
The playing was OK and as you've only been playing a couple of years it wasn't a bad
job. But rhythmically it sounded a bit off and fairly stiff and mechanical. Try letting
some of those notes ring a bit and get some flow into it.

Pretty mistake free and the rhythm wasn't a total mess (as many of the versions I've
heard have been).

By way of comparison, you can listen to my versions (one is just me playing the
intro and rhythm sections and the the other is that + soloing) at http://edg.dmusic.com/music/
Ya I still can't get that "perfect" phrasing Hendrix had on it im still working on it though, and ill check your's out right now
|
Hey i know this was ages ago now but i really liked it. Let the notes ring a bit more maybe you're playing parts fairly staccato, but nice take on it.
Crit my cover of the wind cries mary? It's on my profile
a very hard song. you did great with your age.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots