ya ive been playin guitar for awhile and i decided i would try bass....ya i got it about a week ago, and decided i dont like the stock strings on it much.....ya so i play all kinds of rock and metal really..... for example the first 3 songs i learned were are you gonna be my girl-jet dani california-rhcp enter sandman - metallica and im learning master of puppets now........so ya what strings would you reccomend?

plz and thanx
zack
I like Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys but string choice really depends on you more than music styles
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i personally think elixers are choice but they are expensive. and i have a hard time finding them locally.

my second fav are DR Hi-Beams wich are less expensive and easyer to find and they sound good but i still like elixers more.

I want to try DR Lo-Riders. i heard they sound the same as highbeams but are less slinky and tighter wich would be better for rock and slapping i think but im allways too skared to try new strings on bass because they are so expensive! anyone know anything about theese strings and can compare them to either DR hi-beams or Elixers would help
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I have the Lo-Riders they sound good for old strings and I play death metal tuned to D standard and around that area...
I had D'Addario's, but they were not cool, their sound died, I would go with some DRs
it is your choice....

THE TREND IS DEAD!
Last edited by FromADyingFetus at Mar 20, 2007,
Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies +1.

I use 'em and I'll play anything. I find them really versatile.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
I think a string that few know about, but rock hard, are extremely crunchy, and slinky as well, are the Jerry Only Skullbuster strings by Dean Markley. They have a nice long lasting sound and they're tough as hell. They take the abuse of the stage well and last long. I play a specter and compared to the cost of Specter brand strings they're affordable. If you're playin' rock go for the Skullbusters....
I prefer either Dean Markley Blue Steels medium guage or DR Black Beauties, both sound great imo. A little too bright for my taste at first but once they're broken in they sound thick and powerful, and well, I know it isn't very specific, but they sound mean.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Are XL's any good? Those black XL's at the store I take lessons at would look bad ass on my bass lol
EB Hybrid slinkies are excellent. Recently, though, I've swapped to the stainless steel Rotosound Swing Bass strings.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
DR Lo-Riders or Hi-Beams, stainless steel. I prefer Lo-Riders, though - they're a bit tighter than the Hi-Beams due to the hex core vs. the round core of the Hi-Beams.
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps