looking to get some new pickups....looking for a punchy sound sorta warwicky sound if you know what i mean

any advice on pickups?

cheers guys
Seymour duncan quarter pounders maybe but i doubt you could get a convincing warwick tone out of a jazz bass
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
cheers mate, i know im not going to get a realllllly punchy sound but the ones on it just now are just far to "TINNY"
Actually, scrap the seymour duncan idea, get some MEC pickups, that's what warwick use in their basses so will probably get you closest
Quote by Bumper

cheers mate....iv picked up a jazz bass on the cheap(£90) but its in good nick....i already have a usa jazz but i saw this for pennies and thought it would be a good wee investment to do up.
Wow sweet, i would change the bridge to a Badass II as well as the standard fender bridges aren't brilliant
Quote by Bumper

yeah i noticed lol it keeps lowering inself and the strings keep touching thr pickups
yeah badass 2 bridge defenently

. you could install active EQ too but if you want a 3 band you have to route a new input jack.

i recomend EMG pickups. they have the punchyest sound IMO moreso than warwick MECs.

you could put schaller tuneing pegs too if you dont already have them that is a good upgrade. those or grovers. i really dont know wich ones are best really.

maybe changeing the pickguard to a tortuise shell pickguard. or some different color.

what i did to my bass is i put EMGs in them.
and in a paycheck or two im gettign the finish
re-done to a glossy black. swapping out the pickguard to a matching black one. im putting the EMG BQC controll so my bass will be Volume/Volume/VariableMidcontrollstackedpot/bass+trebble stacked pot
and last but not least im gettign a badass 2 bridge

gunna cost me an assload but im gettign a hell of a deal on all of that because our singer works at guitar center so i get evrything 50% off or more

hope i helped you by showing u what im doing to my bass to make it all upgraded. it will by just like haveing an EMG version of the American Jazz Deluxe only w/ out the string thru bady option wich i dont mind too much.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I would really recommend those Fender SCN pickups. They're dead silent and sound fantastic, although they're definitely Fender. I have a Warwick and there is no confusing the two. But then again, I think half the Warwick sound comes from it's neck, so I don't think you'll ever get there without one.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Is $60 american an average installation and setup price for fitting a new badass II on my Jazz? I know you have to file a bunch of stuff down and I'm not confident enough in my filing skills to do it myself.