Is there any way I can create a personal network between my laptop and PC without having to use a LAN/Ethernet cable?

I have a Sony Vaio XP desktop, a Linksys broadband router, and an Alienware Vista HP laptop.

What I\'m looking for is a way to be able to send files back and forth between my desktop and laptop without any wired connections.

I\'m also wondering if I can remotely control my printer and other hardware. For example, I keep my printer connected to the PC and I\'m able to print a document from my laptop via a wireless network control.
yeah you can do that, if both computers have a wireless network card in them you can do it that way, alternately get a usb bluetooth dongle for each of your computers and set up a bluetooth network between them, mind you they'll have to be in the same room for it to be reliable. as far as the printer is concerned if you're running xp pro on both computers you can setup a remote desktop in your laptop that will allow you to have a window on the screen with the desktop of the other computer in it, and you navigate it exactly the same way as you would if you were sitting at your desktop. i'm not running xp anymore but from memory the remote desktop function is in the start menu under system tools.
Quote by enerjex
yeah you can do that, if both computers have a wireless network card in them you can do it that way, alternately get a usb bluetooth dongle for each of your computers and set up a bluetooth network between them, mind you they\'ll have to be in the same room for it to be reliable. as far as the printer is concerned if you\'re running xp pro on both computers you can setup a remote desktop in your laptop that will allow you to have a window on the screen with the desktop of the other computer in it, and you navigate it exactly the same way as you would if you were sitting at your desktop. i\'m not running xp anymore but from memory the remote desktop function is in the start menu under system tools.

Well, my laptop has a built-in internet/wireless network card routed to the Linksys but my PC is a wired connection (modem -> Linksys Router hub -> PC)

Also how would I go about setting up one of these remote desktop features? Keep in mind that my laptop is Vista HP and my PC is XP Home.