Page 1 of 2
so its busted/the tone dropped in value.

it buzzes more than it makes sound.

so, i now need to start saving for a wah.

i need one that works well with distortion (i mean real well) and good with cleans, with true bypass.

max ~$120

thanks!

ive been thinking the morley power/volume wah. any ideas?

also, spring loaded plz.
Last edited by Arlabester at Mar 19, 2007,
jesus man what do you do, rape your gear? you have the most problems with your stuff then anyone ive ever talked to (no offense)

535Q?
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
no, its just that the thing sucked to begin with.

this is my first gear problem, its just a lot of my pedals have sucked with my guitars (im still trying to find a good OD and metal tone )
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, the Crybaby is a pretty lame wah. I'm going to mod mine...
I say you mod yours too!

doesnt broken come to mind?

it would cost just as much to fix it as it cost to buy it.
So? The Morley won't really suit your classic rock needs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
So? The Morley won't really suit your classic rock needs.

are you sure?

i heard it was quite the versitile little guy.

plus its HARD classic rock. think AC/DC meets Metallica.

^im 13. no soldering tools. no soldering lessons. no cash. i barely have enough to get this. ive only got $37 right now! and i still need a tuner, DC brick and $100 for the cab!
You should get a Buddah.

Quote by Arlabester
are you sure?

i heard it was quite the versitile little guy.

plus its HARD classic rock. think AC/DC meets Metallica.

^im 13. no soldering tools. no soldering lessons. no cash. i barely have enough to get this. ive only got $37 right now! and i still need a tuner, DC brick and $100 for the cab!

Soldering tools = Soldering iron.

Soldering lessons =/= existance.

$37 = enough cash for soldering iron and solder.

Spending $120 on a wah seems to detract from the whole goal. If you need a tuner + DC brick as well as a cab I'd think they'd be a higher priority than buying a new wah. spend a few dollars and fix the one you have and then save for new shit.

you're totally not practical at all. no offense.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Mar 19, 2007,
weeping demon is what i have and it works for every genre basically. it sounds pretty good with distortion and it sounds amazing with clean. so thats 2 votes for weeping demon
myspace.com/thecarlandbenextravaganza1

my band ^
Quote by ImNotSmart
weeping demon is what i have and it works for every genre basically. it sounds pretty good with distortion and it sounds amazing with clean. so thats 2 votes for weeping demon

is it actually true bypass? i never read anywhere that it was.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
pussy.

no, i just choose not to buy used stuff.

and btw, no. im not fixing anything, and im not going to mod it either. its not worth it for me, ill just screw up.
Quote by Arlabester
no, i just choose not to buy used stuff.

and btw, no. im not fixing anything, and im not going to mod it either. its not worth it for me, ill just screw up.

You seem to just post threads about stuff and then completely argue with anything anyone says that doesn't agree with your original though process.

And then you decide to change your mind and argue with anyone who agreed with you before.

Basically your threads are a giant circle jerk and you'd probably be better off contemplating it yourself rather than posting here about it.

My $0.02: Fix the wah because its CHEAP and EASY to fix, then you don't have to buy a new one. $30 or $40 compared to $120.. that's 1/3 or 1/4 the price.

Then you have the other $80 or whatever to spend on your cab or other shit. If all goes wrong and you somehow manage to screw it up (pretty much impossible.) you can always bag it and buy another for the same cost.

Buying used is the way to go for quality musical equipment. Once you transcend from the n00b status and stop using cheap which breaks and/or sucks, you'll appreciate the used equipment market and understand that quality stuff is built to last lifetimes, not halves of decades.

ebay is the way to the promised land..
have you checked out the 535Q? i think it would be perfect for you except im not sure if its true bypass, and i know you dont want to mod anything but im sure you can find a step by step thing to show you how to mod it to true bypass and you could practice on your old one

edit: or you could save $15 and buy the budda off him^ haha
gear:
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Last edited by tbsff_7 at Mar 19, 2007,
Quote by tbsff_7
have you checked out the 535Q? i think it would be perfect for you except im not sure if its true bypass, and i know you dont want to mod anything but im sure you can find a step by step thing to show you how to mod it to true bypass and you could practice on your old one

edit: or you could save $15 and buy the budda off him^ haha

well im not saying a $120 wah, thats my tip-top.

^^no. i bought this as my first wah when i was a n00b. i asked about the ibanez, no responses, asked questions about the budda. everything. i dont buy "cheap shit" i bought the ds-1 cos i liked the sound.

also not allowed to buy off eBay.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^^Harsh, but true. I've bought all my gear used, and haven't looked back. Freakin' money saver! And modding is not that hard. There's guides all over the net, and threads all over UG.
Most of people who do mod on UG aren't that old, anyway. Some of them are barely 16, and they do a great job.

i will break it. i dont want to touch any of it. and, my parents dont want me to use a soldering iron, and, none of us no how.

modding is NOT AN OPTION
Quote by Arlabester
i will break it. i dont want to touch any of it. and, my parents dont want me to use a soldering iron, and, none of us no how.

modding is NOT AN OPTION

Buy iron

Plug iron in

Heat iron

Apply tip to solder

????

Profit!
buy iron

heat up iron

burn self

burn circuit board.

modding, i cant do.

ill do it when im older, but i just cant do it.
Quote by Arlabester

modding is NOT AN OPTION

Goddammit man; go to your local library, there are bound to be some books on soldering there; otherwise there's always internet.

It's really easy as piss; if can use scissors you are smart and responsible enough to use a soldering iron.
i give up.

people just want to argue that i should fix and mod it.

im just gonna buy the morley.
Quote by Arlabester
no, its just that the thing sucked to begin with.

this is my first gear problem, its just a lot of my pedals have sucked with my guitars (im still trying to find a good OD and metal tone )

Its your amp your not going to get a decent metal tone on a fender blues junior its near enough impossible even with a pedal...
but your threads are all the same... you'll just reply with some fanboy fender talk...
And as for wahs get it fixed that is all. If your parents dont like ebay (poor diddums) convince them its the 21st century...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
well its cos everything off ebay is either, cheaply made, fake, or busted.

tbh, i dont really wanna buy from it either.
If you learn a bit of DIY it will save you lots of money later in life; so you might as well start now.
dude just suck it up and mod it, its not like its going to explode the second you unscrew something

were giving you advice and trying to save you money

just find something electronic thats broken and practice on that
gear:
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by Arlabester

Hell no. If you buy from people with good feedback you are almost guaranteed that you won't be screwed over.

Besides, all those things you listed aren't a problem if you use some common sense, and learn to spot the 'bad guys'.
Quote by Arlabester

not true at all

i posted my friends mustang in your fender thread (that's pearl91jam's btw) and he got it off ebay

the guy on ebay said it was in good condition, he got it, abosolutely perfect, not one scratch or anything

^listen to what he says
gear:
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
You seem to just post threads about stuff and then completely argue with anything anyone says that doesn't agree with your original though process.

Quote by xxgenocide98xx
ebay is the way to the promised land..

Two things that are very very true

Moding a wah could not be easier if it did it itself. I was done making three mods to my wah in two minutes. All you need is a solderingiron, solder, and desolder. It is very very hard to mess anything up, and I'd never soldered before in my life.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at Mar 19, 2007,
it just bugs me when i CLEARLY STATE what is not an option and people are just like OMGZ Do IT1!!
Quote by Arlabester
it just bugs me when i CLEARLY STATE what is not an option and people are just like OMGZ Do IT1!!

we were trying to convince you that its your best option and would save you money
gear:
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Okay, if you don't really wanna listen to us then don't. But most of us are gonna keep telling you to mod your Crybaby or ebay.

I warned you.

EDIT: otherwise, a Snarling Dogs or a Vox.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Mar 19, 2007,
Quote by Arlabester

You have no idea on what your saying, i highly doubt that you've even looked on ebay if you think that of the items there, you can get amazing deals on there and your too ignorant to see that.

and soldering is so easy, seriously, the Crybaby will transform into a beast once you mod it, but you wont give it a chance.

you complain you have no money, but you wont save money for a little modding, i was going to bring this up before, i'm sorry dude but i dont understand why you even make threads liek these.

i'm getting all worked up for nothing, sorry dude. We're jsut trying to help you save a bit of cash, its better for you in the long run.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
^You got a point though, at least you got a reason to be all worked up.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Page 1 of 2