Alright, so I posted this is Guitar and Bass Basics but I'm getting ZERO help, so I decided to post it here...

This is the first post
Alright, so I've had a set of the Zakk Wylde Boomers lying around (10-60) and I decided to put them on an old guitar I have to tune B-A-D-G-B-E down a half step (trying to play Alter Bridge's "Broken Wings") However, I'm trying to set the intonation on the lowest string and I can't. I popped the saddle out before I could get it. I've since got it back in but don't know what to do next... so.. any suggestions?

And now my second one.
alright, so I lowered my action a bit and it seems to be a bit friendlier now. Am i on the right path? (I've never set up for a new string gauge before, especially not such a big change, just made small adjustments...)

Now I've lowered the action but it still won't go. any other suggestions? (it's a guitar with a regular strat style tremolo, just in case.
ESP EC-400 AT Goldtop
Fender 62 Jazzmaster
Fender Mexican HSS Strat
Fender 60's Reissue Strat
Peavey JSX Halfstack

**Member #10 of the PEAVEY IS AMAZING club!**
You need to adjust the truss rod to the right resistance level. It is probably set for standard tuning.

If you want it done right I would take it to a guitar tech.
Well, do you know if that would be giving it a convex or a concave?
i'm sure i can try giving it a small adjustment and see what happens and if not, i'll just take it to the local tech guy. Thanks, man
ESP EC-400 AT Goldtop
Fender 62 Jazzmaster
Fender Mexican HSS Strat
Fender 60's Reissue Strat
Peavey JSX Halfstack

**Member #10 of the PEAVEY IS AMAZING club!**
Truss rod terminology:
If the strings are pulling on the neck hard and its too loose, its called a bow. (fretboard pulls away from the strings)
If there isn't enough string tension, and the truss rod is too tight, it's called a hump. (fretboard pulls toward the strings)

There... I tried to explain it. If you're upgrading to a higher gauge string, you'll need to tighten the truss rod.
Tocheck if your truss rodd needs adjustment - Put a capo across your first fret and then fret the strings on the last fret.

Now looking at the 8th fret there should only be around 1-2mm clearence. If there is more, the truss rodd needs tightening.
If the strings are really close, or touching. The truss rd needs loosening.

Remember to only adjust it in tiny incriments. Like 1/8 of a turn. If you go too far you will ruin your neck forever.

Hopefully that helped if that's what you're actually asking.
before u touch ur neck.

is the bridge still level? usually a strat bridge and heavy gauge strings, means a lifted bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011