I already have a 4x12 320 watt Randall cab, 8ohm mono and 4ohm stereo.

Let's say my budget is about 1200 dollars... give or take. The only two sounds I'm going to need are super-mega-ultra heavy ass metal and clean... so SS is as viable an option as tube.

So far I've got the options of:

Randall V2
Peavy 6505+

I haven't played the Randall V2 yet, but something tells me I'll like it more than the 6505+.

Any others that I may like? Please don't mention Marshall...
5150 head
Ashdown Amps
ENGL Heads
Maybe some Krank heads.

Edit: Are 6505+ and 6505 higher gain than 5150?
Quote by georgeazguitar
5150 head
Ashdown Amps
ENGL Heads
Maybe some Krank heads.

Edit: Are 6505+ and 6505 higher gain than 5150?

I think the 6505 is pretty much the 5150 with more features... not more gain.

I tried the Krankenstein head but I wasn't that impressed. I couldn't crank it though...
Well the 6505 and the V2 are voiced totally different... Personally I prefer the V2, but both are good..

Take into consideration the V2 is going to sound brighter and crunchier, while the 6505 is darker and punchier...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
Well the 6505 and the V2 are voiced totally different... Personally I prefer the V2, but both are good..

Take into consideration the V2 is going to sound brighter and crunchier, while the 6505 is darker and punchier...

Yea, I just called the closes Randall dealer, and they don't have a T2 or V2... I want to play one so damn bad...
Possibly you could try out a Hughes&Kettner Warp X, not sure how much they cost in US, but should be around your budget i imagine.
Mesa Rectifier, nuff said

-Axe
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by axeslinger01

-Axe

I have a Dual Recto and I think its really overrated for its heaviness. I bought it when I mostly played hard rock and its good for that but it doesn't do the death/thrash/shred as well as some others and its lead tone is definately lacking.

For that price I'd say look at the Engl Fireball, its just a 2 channel (clean and high gain) and sound brutal from the demos and stuff I've heard.
Presuming that's US$ your talking about (it normally is when nothing is mentioned) then yeah the 5150/6505 should do. Mesa Dual Recto if you can find one for that price would be good too, not sure what they go for there but if you're outside the US then I doubt it.
The peavey is a monster of an amp. Total Saturation. I'm in the same boat your in with the V2. No dealer around seams to have a v2 in stock. Either head is awsome. Peavey and Randall amps voiced a bit different from each other though. Its all personal preference between those two heads.

I know for the Disturbed's 10,000 fist ablum. Dan Donagon used the new Randall's for the whole CD. That might help. And if you want to hear a 6505 listen to Chimaira's new CD Resurection.
Quote by axeslinger01

-Axe

Mesa Mark IV. Its twice the amp the Rectifier wants to be.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
If you just want to play metal, you can get a Krank on ebay for around 1200, or even a Mesa Dual Rectifier for about that much.......................

But, the Krank is what I would get if I had that amount of money.
Peavey 6505+ (or just 6505)
Engl Savage (according to people in my topic)
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The 6505 is going to be the best for you. No doubt.

Mesa is heavy and I do like the sound for the most part. But I think you can end up sounding a lot like everyone else with them. And if you dont wanna sit around and mess witht the EQ all day forget about it. And the cleans do blow ass.

Krank sucks nuts. I was out last week and saw a band....this chick was hot as hell but her tone sucked more than anything I have ever heard. And I am not exaggerating at all. It was a shame considering she was a pretty decent guitarist. Seriously....the only Krank that doesnt suck is one that is modded to NOT sound like a Krank.

For your money go for the 6505. Or better yet if you can find one used go for a cheaper 5150 and then buy something else.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
I really like the 6505+... especially when I play it with those Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewires...

I know I would love the Randall V2, but I don't want to take the chance of ordering it before I've played it.

I don't like triple rectos or dual rectos... they sound so generic and EVERYONE has one.

I don't think I want a Mark IV... they are hard enough to come by and to my knowledge they don't make them anymore?

I've never played an ENGL... and I've heard the clips of the Fireball and it just seems weak to me... to fizzy too.

So, yea... once the funds come around (if they do), I'll try to find a Randall V2 to play.
Save up a few more and get a ENGL Fireball.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the V2 is nice, very punchy and chunky, lots of bottom end and tons of gain, the graphic eq makes a world of difference in the sound, the clean sound is pretty good but i cant really tell with my emgs. I'm waiting on some new speakers for my cab, when i get them, ill try and get some clips recorded since the ones of the V2 on the Randall site suck.

The only other amp i would suggest would be a Fireball, check out this guys clip, i think it sounds amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPs5Fu4gmDA
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Plus with EMG 81/85(18v mod)
PRS Tremonti SE
Randall V2
Genz Benz G-Flex 212
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Quote by static86
the V2 is nice, very punchy and chunky, lots of bottom end and tons of gain, the graphic eq makes a world of difference in the sound, the clean sound is pretty good but i cant really tell with my emgs. I'm waiting on some new speakers for my cab, when i get them, ill try and get some clips recorded since the ones of the V2 on the Randall site suck.

The only other amp i would suggest would be a Fireball, check out this guys clip, i think it sounds amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPs5Fu4gmDA

Yea man, please send me a PM when you get those clips recorded.. if you remember. Or put them on youtube and I'll find them one way or another.

Make a clip of just the Randall V2... no effects... with the gain on 10 and some mids put in there for extra super power.

And I agree, those clips from Randall's site blow.