Ok, so, when i first got my guitar, i didnt know how a whammy bar worked. well, lets say i learned the hard way. it snapped off and left a huge chuck of metal in the hole. me and my dad drilled through it and theres still some on the sides caught on the threads and i cant fit my bar back in. can anyone help me? and dont say get a job, im 14 with limited transportation................
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

ahahahahahahahhaa. duude.. take it to a local guitar shop... get it looked at.. or you can take the bridge off and somehow get the piece of the bar out.. or you can replace the bridge
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
In the same situation on my strat, gonna drill out tomorrow, have you tried putting in a new one? The new thread on the new bar should remove the stuff stuck on the tread for the bridge.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
k thx guys
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

u drilled in tot eh bit in there? and there is still stuff stuck in there?

if so, i wouldnt screw in a new bar, it will just get stuck in there.

if u can drill a pin hole into the part left behind, and tap in a thin nail, u might be able to unscrew it.

what type of guitar is it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Try taking a Q-tip, yes a Q-tip and start to push it against the thread and you might be able to screw it out if its big enough, if not it might just fall out.. Maybe use something other then a Q-tip but you get my point.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Quote by guitarkid7
Try taking a Q-tip, yes a Q-tip and start to push it against the thread and you might be able to screw it out if its big enough, if not it might just fall out.. Maybe use something other then a Q-tip but you get my point.

no i dont get your point actually......
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

dont shove a qtip in there. it'll just break into bits into the hole.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
My point was to just use something like a needle or nail or what ever you want to try to pick it out but nevermind..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Dang... How in the heck are you guys breaking your trem arms! I've seen a lot of posts with this!
i broke mine recently, but the guy at the shop took apart the top plate of the bridge where there was enough of the broken piece for him to grab it with vice grips andtwist it out like that, it cost me £20 ($40) but i got a new trem bar and it restrung aswell.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
get a screwdriver, screw into the middle of the bit left inside, when the holes big enough then screw out. happened to me twice on my squier, now i have a new custom trem, which i use for herman tricks, and yeah, its vintage styled
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild