I recently purchased a Cry Baby GCB-95. I didn't particullary like it as it was weak for higher notes and didnt purform well under destortion. Tomorrow I'm going to take it back and replace it for another one. Which one should I take? I'm under a resonable budget, but I dont want anything over 200 euro/dollars. I was thinking of buying a Crybaby 535Q. I've heard theyre excellent and the Q dial realy appeals to me, but I'm not 100% sure if its good. Please help me out!
535 Is The Best
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
535Q is very good. I wish they made the Original Crybaby with the same components because it requires no extra cost or work. I guess thats how the make their $$$. You could always mod it, because the GCB-95 is a great starter DIY kit, but you're right, not good right out of the box.

VOX wahs seem to be getting alot of hype about they're new V847a model w/ true bypass (always a good thing to look for). Probably what you should be looking at. Retails around $100.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I heard that the Dimebag Crybaby is better than the regular Crybaby (larger sweep, I think).
Quote by Wondergaurd
go with a weeping demon

omg..the weeping demon is absolute crap. the sweep on the 535 is plenty versatile (even better than the WD)
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
535Q is good, QC can be sketchy, but morley also makes wahs that sing with distortion.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!