hey guys i just got some mo joe and paf joe dimarzio pickups put in my sg..i am running a 100 watt marshall combo amp and a digitech death metal distortion pedal...im unhappy b/c my tone sounds exactly as it did with my old pickups..i was wondering if there is some kind of distortion pedal that really brings out the tone of your guitar with my good pickups??

thanks
What amp do you have?
Sometimes the right tone and sustain only comes out of a set of pups when you get a good EQ setting or more often than not, a Tube Amp.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
If it's a higher-end Marshall combo, the problem might be that those pickups are close to the ones you used to have, thus making it sound the same. If it;s a cheapy 100w, it's due to the lack of dynamics and the processed sound a cheap SS provides.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
If it's a Marshall MG, it will always sound like bees in a tin can. You need to upgrade to a tube amp and worry about getting distortion from your amp rather than pedals.
the marshall amp i have is a tube amp...and the distortion coming from it sounds like shit...i need something heavier..and i dont have the money to buy another amp

Which model Marshall? Also, if you're running a lot of gain from the pedal it'll be killing a lot of the guitar's original tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Most pedals have an adverse affect on the tone to a certain extent, but high levels of pedal distortion, especially on digital FX (I know it's a Digitech pedal but i'm not sure if it's actually digital)will make a big difference. Your EQ'ing is important too, both the Satriani pickups have a huge midrange response...if you don't have much midrange dialled into your tone then you won't hear much from them - the midrange is where the pickups characteristics are most evident.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

yeah i defiantely had the midrange settings on like 0..thanks man now i know

that is a bad thing

Whack it up to around halfway....mids are your friend!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc