I have a Hot Rod Deluxe. It makes weird buzzing noises, sort of like a crackling sound, not a hum from overdrive or anything. It just started doing this today. Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be?
could be the tubes.
My Gear:
Shecter C-1+
Hohener Acoustic
Sound Gear sg305dx Bass
Homemade 2x12 Cabinet loaded with Eminence
Texas Heat Speakers
Epi Valve Junior Head
and as soon as it ships
from Musiciansfriend a EH Metal Muff
my Vox 15w does the same thing. even when it's clean w/ just a lil gain u can hear it. the guy at guitar center said it could be the wiring in my house cuz it's an older house. and whenever i touch any metal part, like the bridge, it goes away a little but there's still some humming. aren't there pedals that help this crap?
Member #11 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

brainwashing
my peavey classic 30 does the same thing, it turned out that the pre amp tubes were dead (the werent glowing) i replaced them and it didnt help, try playing through your amp somewhere other than your house, if the problem only happens at home, its the same as mine. my amp only acts up in my house and at one of my buddys' houses.
Quote by snailfingers
my Vox 15w does the same thing. even when it's clean w/ just a lil gain u can hear it. the guy at guitar center said it could be the wiring in my house cuz it's an older house. and whenever i touch any metal part, like the bridge, it goes away a little but there's still some humming. aren't there pedals that help this crap?

That's indicative of bad grounding between something, check and see if your cables are bad or something.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by thebrewfan
I have a Hot Rod Deluxe. It makes weird buzzing noises, sort of like a crackling sound, not a hum from overdrive or anything. It just started doing this today. Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be?

What are you doing when it's crackling, are you playing, not playing, where is the gain, where is the volume...need more info on it to try and narrow it down
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial