the basslines sick, and its at a good level. The vocals should probably come up a little bit, and the guitar should come up more. The guitar levels are way too low during the solo. Maybe just running the guitar through a compressor would help, it's kind of empty sounding. Cool song though.

Crit Mine?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559608
Thx for the feedback guys, crits being returned now, and I remixed it (see original post).
Quote by Jamingguitarist
Sounds a little empty, but the bass is nasty
Crit mine please
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560011

i hate ppl that come in and do this, he just took a few things the first guy said and nothing else no explaination of why is empty or suggestions and he probbaly expects a detailed crit from u, i wouldnt even bother giving back to that guy,

anyhoo the song is great, very G 'n' R vocals, the riffs are simple but still very good, but the drums are wher its at for me i really like them, very well produced aswell, and the solo was really nice but maybe could be recorded again a bit cleaner there were a few dead notes in there but i suppose that adds character to it, very catchy,

i dont have any recordings so whatever, but that was nice man.
Quote by ch715dallat
i hate ppl that come in and do this, he just took a few things the first guy said and nothing else no explaination of why is empty or suggestions and he probbaly expects a detailed crit from u, i wouldnt even bother giving back to that guy,

anyhoo the song is great, very G 'n' R vocals, the riffs are simple but still very good, but the drums are wher its at for me i really like them, very well produced aswell, and the solo was really nice but maybe could be recorded again a bit cleaner there were a few dead notes in there but i suppose that adds character to it, very catchy,
Haha thanks for the detailed reply man.... np about the other guy hey he wanted to score a quick listen and he got it!
I think the gtrist is gonna record the solo again as you said, but I see the other side of the argument as well...the smudge factor if you will....
Anyway, thx again!
like the tune, it's a little bass heavy, although a great player, it's a little overpowering it seems. Guitar needs more level imo, but not much. It's kind of cool having the bass so prominent. Great drummer too. Cool mix, just needs a little tightening up imo, and just a hair less bass, and it's going to sound badass.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Apr 7, 2007,
Drums are really good, the bassline like everyone else said is incredible!!!! The vocals are really Guns N' Roses and thats really good! Really good work The riffs are pretty simple but they sound really cool. Overall I really liked that song, I hope they keep making incredible songs like that

Mind crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555529
sweet sounds sabbath/maiden like, really old metal sounding, which is super sweet, but thats just what I think of the band, as far as your mix i'm not really able to tell, cause my speakers are worthless haha, but I really love the fact that I can hear a punchy bass guitar, bass really is good when it is actually up in the mix, well done there, I like how the vocals have a bit of delay, good effect, maybe a hint of verb too? it works well, though I don't really like his voice, good work
As in, gobias a cup of coffee
Great tone for a metal band. The drums are a little muddy but thats not to hard to fix... Great recording and playing the style is NOT anywhere near my type but overall its a great mix. I think the EQ needs to be brighter (let the bass do all the mudd work) the drums and snare def need a good EQ'ing, send this off to be mastered and it would be great.
Pretty good. I enjoyed the old school metal feel of it. I would bring the guitar up a bit in the mix, especially on the leads. Good vocals. Drums need a little better EQ. I'm liking the bass. Very maidenish. It out there in front too, which I generally don't do with my recordings, but it sounds good.

mine?https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563049
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Criting as im listening. First off it sounds like a very good song. I think the bass tone is really good sounding it is very old metal sounding. I think the guitars could use a little less bass on the eq, that and the drums too. Drum quality is really pretty good too. Solo is a pretty cool sounding solo, it gets a little repetitive but it does the job. So overall i think its a pretty good sounding song, its mixed pretty nicely besides the bass thing that I mentioned above. Crit mine.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563117
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2